.010

Chapter Ten
010. Love Bug!

FAYE CANNOT DENY IGNORING THE ALARM alerting the student body that the boundary spell was triggered

FAYE CANNOT DENY IGNORING THE ALARM alerting the student body that the boundary spell was triggered. The lack of Henry hogging her blanket and the cool breeze from the window brings a perfect night of sleep. In the morning she takes a long hot shower, washing her hair and shaving in the process. The day feels no different than any other and she's certain the good night of sleep elevates her mood but nothing more.

She cracks her room door as she plays music through her speaker while overlooking her plans for the day. She flinches at the sudden touch of arms draping over her shoulders, Henry wears a large smile. As Hope lingers in the doorway with a matching smile.

"Smoothie courtesy of my sister," A frown takes Faye's features as she eyes the cup in his hand. A nervous chuckle leaves her lips as she waits for him to say just kidding—or anything really.

"Right, so should I expect a dash of arsenic in the cup?" Hope's laugh fills the room as sips her smoothie with an uncharacteristically giddy smile.

"I know we have had a silly rivalry over the years but here I come with a peace offering. Smoothie, hold the arsenic." Faye fails to form a sentence at the sight of the Mikaelson twins. The two laugh and smile as if they hold no recollection of all between them. "Well I'll be off. Enjoy the smoothie!"

Faye bounces her gaze between the milkshake and Henry who smiles without a care in the world. Narrowing her eyes, Faye leans forward, "what's going on with you?"

"I could say the same to you, come on everyone's getting ready for the talent show. You always sign up to help. Your hair smells really good, new shampoo?" He speaks quickly as he walks toward the door. Faye makes no attempt to sip her milkshake, her skepticism practically burns her palm as uncertainty bubbles throughout her body. The corridor bustles with students, most of everyone buzzing with an eerie upbeat attitude.

"Henry I think something—" Faye stops as Dean and Henry high-five. The two chat as though they have forgotten Faye stands with them. They appear as long time friends, "Hello, earth to werewolves."

"Just the girl I wanted to see!" Dean exclaims, pulling her into a hug. When he pulls back she's certain of her own suspicions but the faint slither into her ear's swift. "Let's go on a date."

The furrow of Faye's eyebrows fade as a wide grin takes her features. In seconds she appears like many of her peers, in pure bliss. Her eyes focus on Dean with a sparkling excitement, "Let's enter the talent show!"

"I have the perfect outfit, Faye, wear the grey dress you wore last Christmas. Dean, you have to come with me. I have to get ready too, I asked Lizzie to be my date," Henry says. The three bounce off each other with a child-like excitement. No reaction to Henry's announcement of a date or how the three act as entirely different people.