𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟕.

Y/N's POV

I couldn't fall asleep. Something in me was preventing me from just relaxing. Maybe it was tension. Or was it the air circulation in this house since practically everything was closed and locked?

I get up and place my feet on the ground. The next thing I knew, I was walking around the house.

The ground was cold against my bare feet since it was almost winter, but I didn't care. I put my hand against the wall and lightly glided my palm against it as I walked.

This is Isagi's house. There were pictures of him when he was little, and he didn't seem to have any other siblings. His parents were in some of the photos too.

I headed upstairs slowly, and checked a window to see if there were zombies outside. None in sight.

I headed back downstairs and decided to get some fresh air outside since there were no monsters out.

The night was cool, not too cold. I looked up at the stars as they did nothing but glow, minding their own business. Why was the night clear, but the day cloudy? It didn't really make sense...

"What're you doing outside?"

I turned around and saw Nagi standing there, looking at me. Man, he was really tall.

"Uh... Getting fresh air," I said, a little startled.

"It's anxiety," Nagi said.

"Huh?"

"You feel anxious and nervous."

I looked at my hands. "Tomorrow - no - today... we'll be stepping outside of our comfort zones and facing outside. How could I not feel anxious and scared?"

Nagi didn't say anything and walked up to me. He stood in front of me, practically hovering over me, too. He continued looking at me.

"What is it?" I asked.

"I had an idea but..."

"Say it," I said.

"Do you think you could get on my shoulders so I can help you get on top of the wall? I would like you to scout and observe what's outside since we can only see so much from the windows upstairs."

I stayed quiet for a moment and looked at the wall. Nagi was tall... Could I do it?

"OK. Sure, let's try your idea," I said.

We walked over to the wall and I got onto Nagi's shoulders.

"Ready?"

"Yeah."

"Hold onto me."

I held on tight like he said and Nagi stood up. Wow is this what it's like to be tall? I thought as I was on Nagi's shoulders.

"Can you get onto the wall from here?" Nagi asked.

"Yeah. Hold on."

I managed to grab the edge of the wall firmly and told Nagi to let go. As he did so, I was able to freely bring one of my legs onto the wall, and then brought the other one up as well.

"You did it...." Nagi said in surprise.

"Yeah..." I stood up. The width of where I was standing was wide enough so I wouldn't fall. "I'll walk around now."

As I walked along the wall, I made sure to keep a good look out for any zombies in the area. I think I saw some in the distance but I wasn't sure.

I also peeked into the neighbors' houses just to find them empty. Good thing there was no way zombies could get into this house's property from the houses next to us.