Chapter XI

𝐈𝐍 one of the rooms located inside one of the houses of the Sohma estate

𝐈𝐍 one of the rooms located inside one of the houses of the Sohma estate. A young girl with [h/c] hair played softly on the piano. Akito, the head of the Sohma family gifted the instrument to her. It was his way of saying; "You are now powerless, might as well live up to your name and actually sing my songbird."

It pained her just to see the piano. However that sadness brought comfort, because she kept coming back to the room to play with the keys. That wasn't the only reason though, her choices were influenced by a certain amber eyed baby.

Kisa Sohma, a new soul who has entered this ruthless world. Luck didn't seem to be on her side, since she also became the new Tiger Zodiac.

Her mother was very over protective but was at peace whenever [y/n] would visit and take care of Kisa. She always encouraged the woman to take breaks since she was concerned for the older woman's well being.

Unlike others, Kisa's mother actually still believed in the great power of the Phoenix. It made the young girl so happy she bursted into tears.

On one of the days she visited Kisa, she sung a lullaby which made the small child giggle and clap her hands. [y/n] and the mother cried when they saw the huge smile on her face. Oh how they worried for this child's future, when she discovers how cruel this world can be.

[y/n] then proposed the idea of bringing Kisa to the music room where her piano was. She said it would be good to practice slight distancing from the girl, which the mother reluctantly agreed to.

Now she was playing a song to Kisa who's smile never left her face. She even started clapping to the beat which made the young girl's heart swell with happiness. Kisa smiled at the girl whom she saw as an older sister. She didn't know why, but whenever she was around the [h/c] haired female she was instantly filled with intense joy.

Her fingers pressed on the last keys ending the song. She turned to Kisa and smiled, "I'm sorry Kiki, I haven't finished the song yet." This made Kisa's smile fade slightly.

"But~ I promise when you get older we'll finished the song together, okay?" She offered.

Kisa nodded with a determined look on her face. 'A song written by me and Onēsan...'

Despite being so young she already developed this large attachment towards the older girl. Only wishing for her to always be happy.

[y/n] bent to the floor, practically sitting on the surface. She locked eyes with Kisa and smiled.

"Kiki, you're still so young. So you might not fully understand what I'm about to tell you." And she was right, Kisa just stared back at her [e/c] eyes. Almost as if she got lost in them.

"I hope that when you get older and if you're ever facing any problems...please talk to me. I want to be there for you, and don't try to think I wouldn't understand what you're going through. Trust me. I've been a live for a long time." [y/n] smiled sadly.

"Don't be afraid to talk to your reliable and amazing Onēsan okay?" She said with a cheeky grin, only to be met by the girl still staring into her [e/c] eyes.

She sighed and lifted the child off the sofa and carried her in her arms. She then whispered into the girls ears, "Onēsan loves you~" She cooed.

Suddenly she felt the small child shuffle a bit, "l-laf ou"

She stopped in her tracks, "W-wait, what did you say Kiki?" She asked her eyes filled with anticipation.

The child merely looked back into her [e/c] eyes and said nothing.

She sighed again, "Your mom wouldn't believe me if I told her this..." She said dejectedly.