24. Hey Lovebirds

❂             ❂             ❂             ❂

           We made our way back to camp, carrying the supplies and guns. When we got back people seemed to be in a panic. I couldn't tell if it was the nut induced craze Bellamy and I experienced or something else entirely. As we got closer they all seemed pretty sober so my first guess was ruled out.

"He's gone!" Miller yells, "The grounder is gone." He yells again running out of the drop ship.

That's not what I was expecting but a small wave of relief went over me when I knew that Lincoln was set free. My guess was by Octavia. Then it's everyone was eating must have made the task easier. The entire camp was voicing scared opinions about the news. Such as, 'what if he brings other grounders back' or 'he'll kill us all' or someone had the bright idea to freak everyone out even more by saying 'or worse'. That's when Bellamy stepped in to shit everyone up.

"Let the grounders come." Bellamy yells, gaining all the panicked stricken people's attention, "We've been afraid of them for far too long, and why? Because of their knives and spears. I don't know about you. I'm tired of being afraid." Bellamy looked over to me and nodded. We both threw down the bags, and people watched as the guns flowed out of the bags. They began cheering, "Tomorrow we start training, and if the grounders come, we're gonna be ready to fight."

           I started to walk off but Bellamy grabbed my hand and pulled me to the side, "Do you need me to go in with you?" He asks referring to talking with Jaha.

           I shake my head, "I think I need to do this on my own, besides I think his brain might explode if he sees both of us." Bellamy smiles, "I'll come get you when I'm done."

I walked into the tent they had set up for meetings. When I placed the head set on and asked for Abby Griffin and the chancellor, the guards were in a full blown panic running around searching for them. My hands were shaking and sweaty. It felt like there was a lump in my throat and like it was heard to breathe. My leg would not stop bouncing up and down. Deep down I knew this was a stupid plan. Why would they ever think of pardoning me? I killed three people including a guard member, I could be floated for so much less. Abby sat down and I instantly smiled at the sight of her face.

           "Hi, Lacey." She smiles, and lets out a breathy laugh. I could tell by her tone that there were tears in her eyes.

           "Hi Abby." I say with the same tone.

           My happy moment came to a screeching halt when Jaha took a seat beside Abby, "Hello, Lacey Turner."

           My throat tightens, "Chancellor Jaha." I choke out.

           "We've all been under the impression that you were dead." He states plainly glancing to Abby.

           "If you expect me to give up who hid me and who got me onto the drop ship, I'm afraid I can't tell you that."

           He smiles, "I knew you would say that. But it wasn't hard to piece together the puzzle, Ms. Turner." I gulped if Abby gets hurt because of me I would never forgive myself, "Do not worry, Abby will be fine. Her medical abilities are still needed on the Ark." He states and some of the tension building in my back is released, not completely but enough, "You killed three people, you can be floated for much less."