Track 7: I Got the Music

A/N This chapter is dedicated to panda123509 thank you for bouncing ideas back and forth with me for hours. I cried, I'm sorry.

Other songs mentioned in this chapter:
Count on Me by Bruno Mars
Hey Brother by Avicii

Daisy poofs into Rane's new bedroom where she finds Lara and them cuddling on their bed. Rane had just been released from the hospital a few hours ago. She moves to sit on the chair in the corner of the room.

"You remember that one time when Daisy called us over in the middle of the night?" Rane's voice is muffled by Lara's chest.

"Which time? She did that a lot," Lara says. They all let out a laugh. Daisy was always calling them over in the middle of the night for one thing or another.

"She had just finished that song, you know the one she wrote for us? How did that go again?" Rane says.

If you ever find yourself stuck in the middle of the sea
I'll sail the world to find you

Lara starts to sing and Rane soon joins in. Daisy's eyes begin to burn.

If you ever find yourself lost in the dark and you can't see
I'll be the light to guide you
We'll find out what we're made of
When we are called to help our friends in need

Daisy joins in, her voice much more choked up than her two living friends. Lara seems to pause for a moment before shaking her head.

You can count on me like one, two, three
I'll be there
And I know when I need it, I can count on you like four, three, two
You'll be there
'Cause that's what friends are supposed to do, oh yeah
Ooh, ooh, yeah, yeah

"I miss her, you know? She should have been sitting right here with us, we should have been able to play the Orpheum that night, but no, that stupid wannabe popstar had to ruin everything," Rane chokes out. Wannabe popstar? What are they talking about? Daisy thinks to herself.

"I do too, every single day. Sometimes I swear I can hear her sing with us like old times," Lara says. She whispers the last part but it still reaches Daisy's ears. Can Lara hear Daisy when she sings? Daisy does tend to sing with her friends from time to time, and she had always assumed they wouldn't be able to hear her. But if people could hear the boys when they sing?

"Now that you say something, yeah sometimes I can even feel her."

If you tossin' and you're turnin' and you just can't fall asleep
I'll sing a song beside you
And if you ever forget how much you really mean to me
Everyday I will remind you, oh
We'll find out what we're made of
When we are called to help our friends in need

Daisy keeps singing quietly. She just needs to know. But Lara and Rane don't seem to react. If they could hear her when they sang together, why couldn't they hear her when she sang alone?

Daisy never got her answer. Before she knew it, time had passed and she needed to go back to Julie's. When she poofs into the garage she finds the boys standing with their instruments and Julie pushing Flynn into a chair.

"Uh... What's going on here?" Daisy asks. Julie, having not heard her arrive, flips around suddenly causing Flynn to flinch back.

"What the heck Julie?" Flynn shouts.

"Sorry Flynn, it's Daisy. She just startled me," Julie apologizes. Flynn gives an exasperated sigh but stays seated.

"We're playing that song the boys added music to, you can play along if you want. We're trying to prove to Flynn that you guys are ghosts."