Chapter 5

Natsu POV

That dude just ran right into me. You couldn't stop? Or find a way around? No the dude didn't he just knocked me down. 

My hands hurt dammit...

What an asshole. Who does that. Why be in a hurry.

Okay, it made sense when I found out he was the new kid. When he walked into my class. I'm still pissed though. I didn't have time to go to the nurse to I just ran my hands under a sink and went to my first period. When I looked up after I fell he looked like he just finished speaking. I didn't look up to read his lips so I didn't catch any of it. I had to get to class. I apologized and got up quickly leaving. I needed time to run the blood under the sink and get to class. 

I did read his lips when he introduced himself to the class. Aristotle? That would be tricky to sign. Whatever.

Mrs. Rush began teaching the class. It was hard to take notes and to read her lips. I know I could get an interpreter, but I can't afford one. It's all on me when it comes to my hearing stuff. My dad doesn't help. That's why I never bothered hearing aids or surgery I was offered. Plus that would just be asking to be made fun of. It would make me feel weak. I just made sure to let her finish talking then write stuff down. Naomi had this class later in the day so most the time I copied her notes. I was a read type of learning since that's how I studied sign. So reading notes would help me more than listening. 

I kept my gaze on Mrs. Rush's lips as she spoke. When I'm in class I'm so focused on the lip reading I didn't notice Aristotle who of course sat in front of me. Like choose a different spoke. I jumped a bit feeling a tap on my hand. It broke my focus. It annoyed me I can't miss this. I looked at him after reading his lips now. A pencil? It took me a moment for my brain to focus. I reached down in my bag and handed him a pencil. 

He gave a nod and that idiot smile before turning around. Now to refocus. 

Eventually, the class ended and I knew the bell ended when people got up putting notes away. I put my stuff away and stood up picking my bag up. I looked up to leave only to see Aristotle standing there. I didn't see him approach. He looked at me. Shit did he speak? I wasn't looking. He's looking at me like I'm an idiot. "What did you say?" I spoke. I feel like an idiot. I looked at his lips reading them. 

'Do you mind if I keep the pencil for my other classes?' his lips read. "It's just a pencil you can keep it," I said and stepped to the side walking out of the classroom and headed to my next class.