I Thought You Forgot About Me

Mikey's pov, no longer flashback

Nothing note worthy happened Friday up until Ray and I were sat in the back of Frank's truck while he drove us to Y/n's. I couldn't sit still as Black Flag blasted through the car speakers. My fingers tapped wildly on my thighs as I tore at my lip with my teeth.

I can't wait to see her but at the same time... I'm so nervous... what if something happens!? Maybe I should tell her... about everything... just come clean... she'll figure it out eventually... no... I can't... ugh, this sucks...

"Mikey?" Gerard asked, pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah?"

"We're here." That was when I realized the Black Flag had stopped playing and the other two boys were gone.

"Oh, right..." I unbuckled myself and climbed out with Gerard's help.

"You okay?" I nodded.

"Yeah, I'm alright. Let's just go inside."

"Mkay..." Gerard spoke as if not to believe me. We stood behind the other two just as Frank knocked on the door, "Still the same from when we were kids." I gazed up and around the home. He's right... the light blue paint is chipping... but it's the same...

"Yeah," I smiled to myself as the door opened. Y/n stood there with a smile on her face.

"Hey guys, come in," She led us inside before shutting the door behind her, "There're sodas in the fridge." She pointed behind her since the entry way opened up into the kitchen, with the living room doing the same just to the right. To the left was a hallway with doors lining the walls.

The boys each grabbed a soda, I did as well.

Her bedroom is at the end of the hall... to the right... her parent's is to the left... and the bathroom is beside her parent's room... and a closet is across from it... damn... how do I remember all this? All those games of hide and seek... duh...

"It's fairly warm still, I was thinking maybe we could sit out in the back." Y/n offered.

"Yeah that sounds good."

"Uhuh..."

"Cool," Y/n smiled and led us outside onto the concrete porch lit up by lights in the patio cover above.

This is different... she used to have really uncomfortable woven black chairs out here... now they're dark brown metal with red cushions... probably for the best...

"Nice place you got here." Frank said, taking a seat. I sat beside Y/n, of course.

"Thanks, it's kinda falling apart but, we manage." I gazed over into the grass now dark from the night sky. So many make believe adventures there...

"Before we came here, we were..." And I zoned out from the conversation. My mind was buzzing about with memories of this girl sat beside me that, may not remember it one bit. Tonight's the night I say something... I have to...

"Mikey... Mikey... Mikey..." I finally noticed someone speaking to me and gazed up. Y/n giggled at my obliviousness to her voice.

"You okay?" I nodded, then realized the other boys were gone.

"Where'd everyone go?"

"Inside, they're getting more drinks." I hummed.

"Can I show you something?" She asked. I smiled, curiously.