Chapter 7

Natsu POV

I left pretty quickly after school. I always do. I just don't want to be around people. 

You know when I first started to lose my hearing it wasn't horrible. It was like a silent button for the world. You couldn't hear people talking about the accident or about me. It was nice. But that feeling faded quickly. You start to feel lonely. Because those rumors and voices go away but the stares stayed. 

I liked getting home early. Nobody was home. Nasumi had dance practice and dad was at work. That gave me time to actually being outside of my room. I worked on homework and reading notes. I looked down as my phone flashed telling me there was a notification. I picked up the phone looking at it. It was a text from an unknown number. Who the hell? I clicked the message unlocking my phone. 

Aristotle: 'Hey it's Aristotle. I don't know if you remember but I have two classes with you'

Me: I know who you are. How did you get my number?

Aristotle: Naomi. Are you busy?

Me: Who wants to know and why?

Aristotle: If you want to I'll send a location.

Aristotle: I'll be waiting

I stared at the location sent. A restaurant? It just opened Naomi was talking about it. It looked good. But, why there? Should I go. I don't want that pencil. It better not be that pencil.

I shouldn't go it's not worth it. He's just the guy that ran me over with his bike. 

I sat there tapping my foot as I tried to work on my math. Dammit. I stood up and grabbed my phone and left the house heading to the location. I looked at the sign of the restaurant and took a breath and walked in. There were a few people in there but I didn't see Aristotle anywhere. Did I go to the right place. I jumped a bit feeling a tap on my shoulder. I turned around seeing Aristotle standing there. He gave me a small smile as he handed me a cup of something orange. "Spanish soda. Mango." his lips read. "Thanks.." I said taking the cup. I followed him to a booth and sat across from him.

'Natsu right?' he signed. 

Wait...

I about choked on my soda (which was yummy!).

'You know sign. Wait why are you signing?' I signed back after setting my cup down. 

'Naomi told me. I feel bad for today. I'm sorry' he signed. 

I just stared at him blankly. I was mindblown. 'how do you know how to sign' I signed again. 

'They taught ASL in Puerto Rico' he signed. 

"I can read lips too just so you know" I spoke. He nodded after I spoke that. I sat there as the awkward silence fell over us. I took another sip of the soda looking down. I should probably look up if he did speak or sign. 

'my family owns this place that's why I sent you here' he signed. I nodded a bit 'It's nice' I signed looking around at the place. It was nice. It gave that cozy place vibe.