Chapter Thirty-Five

As Annabella came to, the first thing that registered in her mind was the fact that she was tied to a chair. The second thing was the immense pain radiating from her head and arm. She glanced down at her arm and saw that it was still out of place.

Annabella heard a door, which she thought needed some type of oil, opening. In walks the three people. Two who she had thought she had escaped from and one who she trusted. There stood her original two kidnappers who took her away from her family and beside them.

Beside them stood Annabella's first love.

Samuel Diaz, or as she liked to call him, Sammy.

He stood at a height of 6'4 with curly brown hair. He had the darkest and deepest brown eyes she had ever seen. They made you want to tell him all of your secrets.

And she made the mistake of doing just that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fourteen year old Annabella had just finished her street fight and won. She was excited because she finally had enough money saved up to get herself a car and start racing to make more money. She was walking out of the alley when she bumped into a wall.

"Woah, are you okay?" Someone asked her as she tried to get up. It was then Annabella realized she had walked right into someone while she was caught up in my thoughts.

"Um... yes. I'm sorry I will be on my way now." She said quickly trying to get home before she got a beating from her ever so lovely parents. Apparently the person she ran into didn't catch the urgency in her tone, and continued to talk to her.

"Hey, it's okay. I am not mad, but why are you out this late? You should be in bed right now." The person that she now knew was a boy, said to her. Of course, Annabella didn't plan on talking to this boy. That would only guarantee a beating or worse if her father found out.

She kept walking away from the persistent boy, in hopes of some peace before she was back in her personal hell, when she heard footsteps behind her.

"Well, my name is Samuel, Samuel Diaz. I know this is really weird, a stranger just talking to you after you bump into them, but I think we could be good friends."  Samuel said to Annabella as they kept walking. She ignored him again, but he still followed her. She eventually gave into his never ending questions.

"My name is Annabella Taylor. Are you happy now? And can you please, for the love of the devil, leave me alone?" She asked very aggressively. She was sleep deprived and sore from the match she had just a few moments earlier.

He smiled at her like he had won the greatest thing in the world.

"Well, hello princess Annabella Taylor. Now would you like to tell me why you aren't in bed at this time, but instead wandering around near street fights and races?" He said with a knowing expression on his face. He couldn't possibly know, right?

Oh, if she only knew the things that he knew.

At first, Annabella wasn't going to tell him. Then she looked into his eyes, and it was like her mouth had a mind of its own. They had talked for hours that night. She knew the consequences of not being home, but Sammy, her oh so sweet Sammy, made the pain all worth it.

Little did she know what pain these secrets she told him would bring to her and her family.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Annabella could not believe her eyes.

After all of the things she told him about what those evil people did to her, he teamed up with them. All she could utter was one word at that moment.