Eleven

- Brennan's POV -

I walked downstairs to make a protein smoothie and grab a granola bar. My mom was sitting at the island drinking her nasty ass green juice with a low-calorie breakfast bar. 

"Hello?" my mom tapped my shoulder after I finished making my smoothie.

I took out my AirPod. "Yes?"

"Your music is so loud and you can't look away from that phone for a minute to talk to your mother." she nagged. "Can you get me an orange?" 

I hanged her an orange from the fruit basket. "Are you coming to my game?"

"Your father and I are going to dinner with Jillian's parents." my mom answered. "You know, Jill is an amazing girl."

I turned up my nose. "She's nice."

"But?" my mom questioned me.

"She's too coy." I explained. "I'm already introverted, I need someone to bring me out of my shell. Someone like you know who."

She just stared at me. "You really like her, huh?"

"Pssht." I shrugged my shoulders. "I'm still getting to know her, but she is a good person and a good friend."

"I don't know why you're lying to yourself." Maya walked into the kitchen. "You're so smitten with Ryan. I mean, come on, everyone saw you guys at the thanksgiving party."

"She's tall, pretty, and has a good personality. What's there not to love?" my sister went on.

I looked at my mom. "Exactly. Come on, My, before we're late for school."

My sister and I headed to school and as I walked to class, I caught just the person I was looking for.

"Good morning." Ryan greeted me. "You didn't text me back last night."

We were talking about Boston and our plan after I got back from vacation.

"I know, I'm the worst, I fell asleep." I apologized. 

She shook her head. "You are not the worst. Probably, the best."

Oh my god.

I was so drawn to her.

"Are you coming to my game tonight?" I asked her.

"I have work until 8:30 so I may be a little late, but still there nonetheless." she smiled. "I promise."

I gave her a small smile. "Mila wants us to go get pizza with a few people after. Promise, you'll come?"

There was nothing that I wanted more than to spend time with her and be in her presence. 

"Of fucking course." I agreed. "I'm gonna be hungry after my big win."

"I don't doubt you for a minute, but you better knock on wood." she said to me and I knocked on the wood trophy case. 

"I gotta get to English but I'll see you later." Ryan ended the conversation.

"Have a good day, Ryan." I watched her walked off and she gave me a wave. 

My school day went well, but then right after we had a last-minute warmup before the game. It was our first game our the season and the last first game of my basketball career.

It was fun getting to run out as they announced your name over the loudspeaker. Every few minutes, I kept looking over at the stands to see if she made it yet.

Ryan didn't walk in until two minutes before halftime was over. I was happy that she made it. Plus she looked so cute cheering a smiling with her friends.