chapter nineteen

"evie? are you there?"

eveline saw fingers snapping in front of her, awakening her from her day dreams, "oh sorry! whats up?"

greta rolled her eyes, "i was talking about your brother!" eveline's nose scrunched up, she knew where this was going.

"oh yah..."

"hes such a tease sometimes! one day hes holding me and calling me cute nicknames, which he probably stayed up all night thinking of, and the next hes completely ignoring me! like, is your brother bipolar or something?"

eveline was positive that this wasn't a symptom of being bipolar, but she made a mental note to bring it up with stephen later.

in case you haven't noticed, it was another school day, and greta had somehow convinced herself that ted owed her anything.

no one but her was aware of this fact.

"well why don't you just go up to him?"

greta looked at eveline like she just suggested she run around butt naked screaming his name.

"evie why the hell would I do that? it'd do nothing but make him think im desperate."

eveline tilted her head, "but you are desperate?" by the glare on greta's face, she assumed that wasnt the right thing to say.

"i just need to be put in the same place as him where i can act like him being there never even crossed my mind..."

"henry invited me to hang out with them after school."

greta gave evie another look like she'd gone mad, "so?"

"so you could take up the offer with me."

"why would I take up anything given by henry bowers?"

evie stared at greta for a second, was she joking around or was she just dense?

after a second it seemed like it was the latter, so eveline continued. "my brother always hangs out with them, why would today be any different?"

greta's face lit up, "evie you are a genius! i can act like im 'rescuing' you while i spend time with him!!"

eveline didnt know whether she should be more offended that greta thought she needed saving, or that she was just pretending to save her to get closer to her brother.

eveline and greta spent the whole break making a plan for after school, (greta running ideas by her friend while eveline complained) and finally, the time came.

step one - get to the hangout

eveline was leading greta towards where she knew her brother and their friends were hanging out, seeing them all smoking by the truck, laughing.

patrick was the first to notice the approaching duo and wolf whistled, alerting the others of their presence.

"hey doll! whats up?" eveline blushed slightly, she still felt awkward around patrick ever since her dream about him, which she had next to her new friend no less!

"i was just wondering if we could hang out with you guys!" eveline smiled at patrick which, unbeknownst to her, made him and let's be honest everyone else, swoon.

henry raised and eyebrow, "both of ya?"

eveline nodded, "yeah greta wanted to co-"

"save her, in case any of you pervs decide to do anything." greta smiled cheekily, elbowing eveline as a silent reminder.