chapter 24

Saadhvi's pov:

Car stopped in front of a big building.

We cannot call it a house because it is a freaking mansion.....

I was at awe seeing the house in front of me.

It was a two story building, but it is so large..... I think there are 10 bedrooms in it easily.....

I heard someone clearing their throat. It brought me back to the reality.

I turned my face to see them.

They were looking at me with amusement.

Maybe I looked like an idiot while looking at house.

" Bhabhi come let's get inside the house. " Aadarsh said enthusiastically.

I nodded and smiled at him warmly.

I turned to see that Siddarth was looking intensely into my eyes.

I lowered my head and started walking forward.

As we reached the main door.... I can see the house decorated with flowers.

My mother-in-law aka Niyati aunty came to give Aarthi  for both of us.

We both stood silently beside each other. After Aarthi , aunty said to keep right leg first inside the house.

We followed her instructions and entered the house.

I can see the interiors are very magnificent. I was busy admiring them someone came and hugged me from back.

I looked back to see my dear sister in law.... I mean Priya widely smiling at me.

I saw that even his grandma was sitting on sofa.

She is looking so pale and weak.

I didn't know how to approach her. I am nervous but I took slow steps towards  her. I  touched her feet taking blessings from her. She blessed me and smiled at me.

Siddarth also came and sat beside grandma hugging her and saying
"Grandma I know you are tired with all the day so come let's take rest. "

"OK Sid.... You to take rest. "

He just nodded and helped her into her room.

We all sat in the living room.

Aunty said "Come on guys there are still few rituals left. "

My eyes widened...... My God I just wanted to go and sleep for a long time without any interruptions.
But couldn't say anything.... As my mom already said not to say no to anything said by my in laws.

May be aunty understood my emotions she said
"Beta... I know you are tired you can take rest as much as you want after all this. "

" It's okay aunty don't worry about me. "

I said.

She glared at me...

I don't know why she is glaring.... Is she angry at me?

"Now you are my daughter... Same as Priya. So from now onwards you have to call me Mom. "

I smiled and said "OK mom. "

Then uncle grumpily said "Same goes to me... Call me Dad ok?"

"OK dad" I gave him a sweet smile.

Just then Siddarth came to the living room.

And Mom went somewhere......
Just I was about to ask where mom went, she came with a pot.
She kept it on the floor and asked us to sit on the either side of the pot.

I saw that the pot is filled with water and rose petals are floating on the water.

"Now listen to me carefully..... I will drop a ring in the pot I will count to three and who ever finds the ring first is considered as winner. We will conduct 3 rounds and declare a final winner. The winner of the game is considered as the dominant one in the relationship. "

We nodded our heads. Aunty dropped a ring......

One.... Two..... Three.

We both dipped our hands in water and started searching..... In that process our hands brushed each other.

I just bite my lower lip and said myself that I have to win this game....

I was still searching, Siddarth already took out the ring. He won the first round.
There are still two rounds..... I will win them.

Next round when mom dropped the ring we didn't wait for her to count till three.

My hand came in contact with a cold metal... I immediately grabbed it and took my hand out of the water.

I saw a ring in my hand.....
Wow I won it.

Third round...

We as usually we dipped our hands with the competitive spirit .

I grabbed the ring first.... Just I was about to show, I felt a hand holding mine.

My eyes widened in shock..... I mean he held my hand..... My face started heating up.

I looked at him..... He was smirking at me. I hold the ring tightly so that he cannot grab it from me.

But he outsmarted me.
Hmphh....

He tickled my palm with his fingers...... Unknowingly I loosened my grip on the ring.
And that's it he won.

I was so angry that I can smash a flower vase on his head.

To calm myself down I closed my eyes and took deep breaths.

Mom announced him as the winner.

I saw that it was already 11 : 30 pm.

Mom asked Priya to accompany me to my new room.

She started walking first and I was following her.

I walked past the stairs..... It's looking like a king's palace. Every decorative item seems expensive.

We  both walked towards the left side after climbing stairs.

Siddarth 's room is the corner one.

She guided me till the room door and left from there saying good bye.

I opened the door nervously......

The walls are white and the furniture and all are black in colour.

Usually I like rooms to be bright as I believe they bring positive energy  , but even this black and white room is so good.

Every thing is well placed. I walked further inside and saw even the bed sheets and blanket are white in colour. I saw a glass door and immediately started walking there.

I open the door.... It was the balcony.

I really like balcony of his room. It has few plants on a table with two chairs.

We can easily relax there on evenings.....

What am I thinking.... I don't even know whether we will get along. Here I am even making plans for evenings.....

Just I was about to go back to the room I heard the door knob sound.......