60 ; the masked wizards

LITTLE MISS MUDBLOOD – ACT 2 : SCENE 1 : CHAPTER 60

It took much convincing, but Y/N's bodyguards finally allowed her to go back to the Weasleys' tent before they left to go home, seeing as it was the last time she'd see them until September first. Which wasn't long, but still. Anthony, on the other hand, said he'd go back to their tent to sleep early, as they had one last trip (this time to Wales) before going to Hogwarts.

"Don't tell your mother you've been gambling," Mr. Weasley implored Fred and George as they all made their way slowly down the purple-carpeted stairs.

"Don't worry, Dad," said Fred gleefully, "we've got big plans for this money. We don't want it confiscated."

Fred and George nudged Y/N on either side and Mr. Weasley, looking for a moment as though he was going to ask what these big plans were, chose that, upon reflection, he did not want to know.

They were soon caught up in the crowds now flooding out of the stadium and back to their campsites. Raucous singing was borne toward them on the night air as they walked along a lantern-lit path, and the leprechauns kept shooting over their heads, cackling and waving their lanterns. When they finally reached the tents, nobody felt like sleeping at all, and given the level of noise around them, Mr. Weasley agreed that they could all have one last cup of cocoa together before turning in.

Everyone else started arguing enjoyably about the match as Y/N went to change into something more . . . comfortable. Bill, a rock nerd, had offered his Nirvana shirt (an American rock band), and Fred, though much taller than Y/N, offered his grey sweats, of which she had to tighten a lot to fit her. But no matter how much she tightened the waistband, or even rolled it up, the bottom of the legs still bunched up around her ankles, leaving all the boys to taunt and tease her for simply being, ah, not their height. Hermione let her borrow a pair of trainers and socks for the next day, and then she finally joined the rest of the group.

Finally, at half past ten, Mr. Weasley called a halt to verbal replays and playful jeers and insisted that everyone go to bed. Hermione, Y/N, and Ginny went into the next tent, where two beds sat a few feet apart.

"G'night," Ginny yawned and collapsed onto one of the beds, snoring loudly.

Hermione and Y/N smiled softly, climbing into the other bed and falling asleep quickly. However, their sleep was short-lived as Mr. Weasley came into their tent, waking them urgently.

"Hurry, no time to explain — grab a jacket and follow me!"

Hermione and Ginny pulled jackets over their arms and grabbed their wands, following Mr. Weasley. Y/N did the same, however, since she wasn't in her own tent, she didn't have any jacket, leaving her grumpily cold. Though she did have shoes, thanks to Hermione.