6

Jungkook finally made his way back to the dorms. When he stepped into his room Taehyung instantly jumped up from his place on his bed. Making Jungkook freeze in his place. Which in turn made Taehyung freeze in his place.

The two stared at each other in silence for what seemed like ages before Taehyung finally spoke.

"Jungkook I'm really sorry," Taehyung told, and before Jungkook could respond he continued. "I don't have an excuse or explanation it was just really stupid of me. And you don't owe me an explanation as to why or anything. I just wanted to let you know I'm really sorry and I'll try to be more self-aware from now on."

Jungkook blinked a few times. He really wasn't expecting something like that from Taehyung. He was expecting many things when he returned back to their shared room but an earnest apology wasn't one of them. Jungkook began to think he too was at fault. For misjudging Taehyung. Thinking that the older was quite dull and had no care for other people's problems. 

Which he now realized wasn't true at all.

Taehyung felt bad about what he did and fully owned up to the fact it was his fault. He didn't try to pin it on Jungkook for being weird or overly sensitive. It made Jungkook rethink the type of person he saw Taehyung in his mind. The younger being grateful for Taehyung's honestly and words.

"I... I really appreciate that." Jungkook hummed. "Thank you. I accept your apology." He told and Taehyung gave a small nod in response. The older retreating to his side of the dorm.

It was late at night and Jungkook was awoken by noises coming from Taehyung's side of the room yet again. The younger was starting to get really irked by his sleep getting constantly disrupted. Jungkook rolled over to turn on a small lamp. It just barely illuminated the area but it was enough for Jungkook to see.

Jungkook tip-toed over to Taehyung and in his sleepy state was a little confused when he saw the older muttering incoherently in his slumber. Taehyung rolled around as he seemed to thrash against his sheets. His face seemed to contort into that of someone in pain. 

The younger quickly blinked away most of his sleepiness as he realized Taehyung was having a nightmare. "Taehyung?" He called out quietly wondering if he could wake the older. 

He had heard things about possibly not waking someone who was having a nightmare or sleep paralysis but his logic was blurred as he looked at the uncomfortable older with concern.

"Taehyung!" Jungkook told a little louder. Yet Taehyung still didn't wake up. Jungkook took a few deep breaths as he summoned the courage to poke Taehyung. But alas Taehyung was still asleep. 

Jungkook sighed as he held out his hand in front of him, shaking slightly. "It's okay Jungkook... This is normal. Just touch your roommate to wake him up." He told himself but quickly got off track. "Just a simple touch. Taehyung needs you... He's twitching like he's being possessed by a demon. Oh god, what if he IS-" Jungkook closed his mouth as his monologue wasn't helping the situation in the slightest. 

Jungkook carefully reached out and clasped his hand around Taehyung's wrist. Letting go and flinching away as the older moved in his sleep again. Freezing in fear of Taehyung waking p before reminding himself that he wanted Taehyung to wake up.

Inching closer once more Jungkook placed his hand on Taehyung's forearm. Carefully running his hand up and down Taehyung's arm. Beginning to feel comfortable as Taehyung stopped twitching. 

"Taehyung are you okay?" He tried to ask again but he still wasn't getting through to the older. 

Wondering if the nightmare had passed Jungkook retracted his hand only to leap into the air as Taehyung grabbed his wrist. Quickly calming his panicked breathing as he reminded himself Taehyung was sleep.

"Taehyung!" Jungkook said again. "Taehyung! Taehyung!" Jungkook tried to pull his wrist away but Taehyung had a death grip on him. "KIM TAEHYUNG!"

The older finally jolted awake. Looking between him and Jungkook before quickly retracting his hand. "I'm sorry, I don't know what happened." He told.

"You were having a nightmare," Jungkook explained as he rubbed his wrist. "You have them a lot don't you?" 

Taehyung nodded. "I'm sorry for waking you up."

"You don't have to apologize. You can't control your nightmares." Jungkook said moving back over to his side of the dorm.

"I know. But I cause you a lot of trouble. You must hate having me around." Taehyung chuckled sadly.

Jungkook shook his head. "I don't hate you..." He told quietly. "And you didn't make me explain why I don't like being touched so I won't make you explain your nightmares." 

Taehyung shrugged. "There is nothing to explain. I've lived with them for as long as I can remember. I used to be on a medication that stopped them for a while but they affected my health so I stopped." Taehyung told, much more open about himself than Jungkook.

Jungkook gave a small understanding nod. "You know... I... Don't like the fact I don't like being touched." He muttered.

Taehyung tilted his head. "What does that mean?"

"I don't like being touched. I just... Naturally, recoil away from people's touch. But I don't like the fact I can't stand someone touching me. It makes me feel pathetic and weak." Jungkook sighed as he looked at his hands.

Taehyung turned his head to Jungkook as he listened to the younger attentively. He was surprised the younger was actually opening up to him. Maybe it was the fact that Jungkook was tired but he was grateful Jungkook was telling him these things.

"So I want to get better... I just... Don't know where to start..." Jungkook grumbled as he let out an annoyed huff. "You know I've never been in a relationship..." He told even surprising himself that he let that fact slip.

"Oh..." Taehyung said with a pause. "That's surprising. I would have thought you'd have flocks of girls chasing after you."

Jungkook shrugged. "People have had crushes on me but no one is interested in someone that finds physical contact repulsive. So it's a dealbreaker." He shrugged again before turning off the light. "Goodnight Taehyung."

"Goodnight Jungkook..."

✲══〖✰〗══✲

IT'S TAEHYUNG'S BIRTHDAY

Also, look they're making progress T-T I will probably update another chapter later in the day but it's 2 am rn so I'm going to bed. 

Love you my lemon drop bunnies.