"Shut the fuck up Kelly"

Unedited**
Harrison's POV:

    I push the break room door open, my bag slung over my shoulder and a clipboard gripped in my hand. I can't wait to get out of this damn hospital and into my bed.

"Harrison Price," Kelly looks up at me when I reach the desk, and I give her a smile, "Whatcha need Mr Heartthrob?"

"I'm 'bout to leave, but needed to give you my rep-" two paramedics run in, pushing a stretcher. I turned, but I couldn't get a good look at the person laying on the stretcher.

"Twenty-three year female, contusion to the head, two gunshot wounds to the chest, one lung was punctured, but both bullets hit the lung. We stopped the bleeding and were able to put a chest tube in. She's about eight months pregnant, I wasn't able to get a fetal heartbeat." Kelly moves from the desk and starts running over to them, yelling out commands to some nurses.

"Price, come on," Kelly yells, before slipping into the trauma room.

    I drop my bag and toss the clipboard across the desk. I turn and roll up the sleeves of my white dress shirt and run, grabbing a pair of gloves from the nurse standing out beside the curtain.

    When I push the curtain aside I stand in shock. This can't be happening. Absolutely no way this is happening right now. Her pale skin is washed out by the light of the hospital as they perform an ultrasound. Lucy. The baby. I stand there, my hands begin to shake. That's when I remember what they said when she was rushed in. No fetal heartbeat. Gunshot wounds.

"Harrison what the fuck are doing?" Kelly yelled as she yelled at another nurse to insert something into Lucy. I ignore her and start yelling.

I point to one of the newer nurses, "You go get her OB, Doctor Kennedi Reese." She stood there stiff as a board, "What are you doing? NOW!" My heart pounds against my chest. I can't let him or her die. I ran over to the ultrasound and grabbed the wand out of the tech's hand. The gel is already rubbed on her stomach, so I start searching. For anything, any sound, something to let me know he is alive. Everyone went quiet because they know fucking better than to yell at a doctor, but Kelly was fuming.

"Harrison!" She yelled.

I turned to her, and say as calmly but my heart was breaking in my chest, "Shut the fuck up Kelly. Remember who's the doctor here and do your fucking job."

"I'm trying to," she yelled back, "You are endangering this baby and the mother! I'm the one in charge! Not you! You are crossing the line." She turns back and says something to a nurse.

"I don't fucking ca-" I stop when I hear it. My eyes dart to the screen and I see him. His little body curled up and the sound of his heart beating so quietly.

"There's a heartbeat, it's faint, but it's there," the ultrasound tech said. I drop the wand and get up.

"Someone get him out of here," Doctor Reese's voice booms through the commotion. My eyes reach her face and she looks pissed. All the nurses go still, confused on why she is ordering me to get out of here.

"I'm not leaving," my eyes darted back to Luce's lifeless body, the tube in her throat and the bandages on her chest. She walks over to the side of the bed and starts ordering nurses around.

"Harrison," she says sternly, looking me dead in the eye, "Get your ass out of here before I call security."

I clench my jaw, "I'm not leaving." I have to save Luce. She has to make it out alive. I can't do this alone. And I won't let it happen.