Chapter 7

"Do you seriously still not understand the chain of custody?" Patch seethed

"Do you seriously still not understand the chain of custody?" Patch seethed. As she practically stood over Diego and I as we stared at the evidence he began to pick up. "If you touch it, I can't use it." She said in the same annoyed voice earning a scoff of annoyance from Jane. Diego sent a small smirk towards Jane before going serious, "Let me save you some time on running ballistics." Diego bargained.

"These nine-millimeters haven't been manufactured.... since 19-" Diego began to say before Patch cut him off rudely. "1963. Odd, I know." She finished making Jane yet again scoff in disapproval. "Sorry someone is a little cranky because she hasn't slept in the past 24 hours." Diego teased but Jane just flipped him off with a small smile.

"Maybe you should go home and rest Jane, honestly we got this covered and you seem drained." Patch said in an overly perky voice making Janes eyes only narrow. She was still pissed from their first interaction.

"I actually feel fan- fucking- tastic. So why don't we focus on business here shall we?" Jane asked rhetorically and moved closer to Diego and a bit further from Patch. "Uh alright matching casings were found at a murder scene last night." Patch continued awkwardly while trying to avoid Janes heated glare.  "Ishamels towing." Patch also said awkwardly knowing Diego would begin to patronize her on what he had told her to do previously.

"The driver?" Diego asked incredulously making my own eye twitch at how persistent Patch had been to turn his idea down when it seems it really was a lead. "Found him hanging from the ceiling." Patch explained. "Looks like he might have known something after all." Jane replied bitterly
"It's a shame no one told you to go talk to him." Jane continued sarcastically as she crossed her arms and stood behind Diego so her body was blocked from the male cops that kept glancing over at them.

Diego seemed to glare at them making them mind their own business but he was still pissed to say the least. "So? Got any great apology or should I just begin with the 'I told you so's" . Diego asked bitterly earning a guilty looking Patch. But in Janes mind Patch deserved it, she wasn't sure why but Patch and Diego made her both angry and sad for unknown reasons. Seeing them interact together made her feel like ripping Patches hair out.

"In the span of 24 hours I've had attacks on 3 different places across town. Whatever this is, Whoever this is. They're not slowing down. So if you guys really give a shit and you've got any fresh ideas. I'm all ears." Patch said aggressively but also impatient.  Looking Diego I knew her words made him feel slightly guilty for hounding her during such a rough phase with all these attacks. But it didn't help that unexplained feeling that rushed through me as they stared at one another.

"The guys kid in the donut shop?" Diego asked trying to be helpful. But of course even in desperate times Patch had to belittle his idea by saying she already had people looking into his family in order to protect the kid. She was treating Diego like a doormat. Jane couldn't help but grit her teeth in anger. Everyone else in the underground confused by her feelings and actions but watched in a silence.