THE CHOICE

---

---

"I thought we reached the end of seeing you." Ron said as soon as Ethaline and Harry walked in. Ethaline stepped back, allowing them to greet Harry properly. 

"Believe me if I had it my way, I wouldn't be here." Ethaline shot back; her face unreadable as she looked around. "I recognize this place..." she whispered to no one as she looked around. 

Hermione said nothing to before the door burst open again and Ginny Weasley came in before the twins apparated in. "Harry!" Fred said in a mischievous voice as George opened his mouth to add something when he saw Ethaline.

"M-Malfoy." He stuttered. 

Again, all eyes were on her. Ethaline scoffed lightly shaking her head as she turned to go back out. Harry frowned, "Where are you going?"

"I'll leave you guys alone. I won't be somewhere people don't want me." She said, eyeing them all carefully before heading out and closing the door behind her. 

Harry turned to face them as Ron shrugged. "What? She doesn't belong here." He said as he flopped into the bed.

"Dumbledore brought her. He's explaining her situation downstairs right now—" 

"And what exactly is her situation?" Hermione quoted as she crossed her arms over her chest, "You helped her, you failed at being friends why couldn't she just leave it there—"

Ginny furrowed her eyebrows, "Friends? You were friends with Ethaline Malfoy?!" 

Harry scoffed lightly before he began to fire at them everything, they neglected to tell him over the summer, shutting them up instantly before the twins suggested they listen in on the conversation using one of their inventions. 

Meanwhile Ethaline wondered around the house and stumbled upon a painting. She removed the veil and instantly a woman began to fire insults at her before she realized who it was. "Ethaline Malfoy! Oh what a sight for sore eyes!" Cried the woman.

"I've been forced here with all the half bloods and filthy muggles! Oh what a beautiful sight to see a pure blood—"

Ethaline politely excused herself, seeing a room catching her eye as she covered the painting back up. The woman called after her, telling her to come back and see her before she opened the door to the room and saw Buckbeak. 

"Oh!" Ethaline greeted him by wrapping her arms around the creature, she recalled the many lessons with him—the final one ending with Draco hurt and father furious. 

Ethaline cried for days thinking that they had killed it, she was glad to see him there. "Hagrid misses you." She cooed, scratching it behind its ears.

The creature whined softly, nuzzling its head into her hand before Ethaline settled her gaze on the wall. 

THE NOBAL HOUSE OF BLACK, was written in cursive letters.