ch-6

Gao Yulan hid in the bathroom, afraid to breathe, fearing that the outside would hear her.

Her dad was full of energy, but she couldn’t hear Mr. Little Guo’s voice. Gao Yulan thought her dad had too much to drink and had come back home alone, imagining he’d brought somebody back. If that was the case, it was good!

After some time, she heard Mama Gao say, “Sorry for the inconvenience, this old man drank too much.”

“No no, I, I just came to send back Uncle Gao. Now that he’s safe at home, I should get going.” Hearing the clear and bright voice, Gao Yulan covered her face in despair. Her dad had really brought back a man.

Shame!

Leave, leave, hurry up and leave. It isn’t wise to stay here any longer, leave quickly! So we don’t meet! Gao Yulan used all her strength, thinking of what Mr. Little Guo had said.

Unexpectedly, her dad started talking loudly once again. “Don’t go! Little Guo, don’t go!”

Gao Yulan really wanted to rip the wall apart. Dad, Dad, what are you trying to do? Please let your daughter have a way out, alright!

“Little Guo, wait a minute. She’ll finish shitting quickly. You two can meet and then you can go.”

Still shitting? Gao Yulan determined that Mr. Little Guo still hadn’t left. She decided she wouldn’t be leaving the bathroom.

Fortunately, outside Mama Gao was sober and could think intelligently. She sat Papa Gao on the sofa and poured him a glass of water. “You’re making such a racket in the night. Let Little Guo return to rest.”

Mr. Little Guo and Gao Yulan in the bathroom were both relieved. Like an arrow, Little Guo flew out of the front door. Mama Gao let out a string of apologies as he left in a hurry.

Gao Yulan, still in the bathroom, listened attentively to the door closing and Papa Gao’s snoring. Then someone knocked on the door of the bathroom again. Mama Gao was outside. “Little Guo left already, you can come out now.” ▂Thinking▂Rabbit▂Connecting

Gao Yulan let out a long sigh of relief. This was really a disturbing visit to the bathroom.

Of course, Gao Yulan couldn’t sleep that night.

She tossed and turned, and her stress lingered. She knew that her father and mother wanted the best for her, but it was getting more and more agitating. This kind of blind date was just too excessive. It really got people to stop being lazy and hurriedly find work.