ch-9

Chen Ruoyu looked at her watch and hurriedly contacted a customer. She was still trying to make a living. Gao Yulan couldn’t say anything else to her other than encouragement.

Chen Ruoyu held Gao Yulan’s hand. “Once I finish this month’s assignment, let’s go out to eat.” She waved her hand goodbye.

Gao Yulan smiled and said goodbye, and watched her figure disappear out of the store. Then she let out her breath.

She sat, looking into the air blankly. Then she heard a sharp noise come from the oven timer. Gao Yulan’s spirit returned to her body and she saw the lady boss open the oven door with a thick glove. Inside the oven, there were two oval cheesecakes. The cheesecakes’ fragrance floated throughout the store.

Gao Yulan finally woke up. She had been sitting in the lady’s shop for quite a while, and if she left now, she didn’t feel it would be fitting. She looked at the bill and heard the “ding ling” of the door. Gao Yulan looked up to see that a man had come in.

This was an elite man from head to toe, tall and handsome, and dressed properly in brand name goods. His face was a bit serious. He came in and didn’t see Gao Yulan, going straight to the lady boss.

Gao Yulan curiously looked at the handsome man and beautiful woman, using all her energy to watch the scene.

But their relationship didn’t look so beautiful. The lady boss held her glove, threw it on the table, and yelled, “I already said you’re not welcome here.”

The elite-looking man frowned. “We need to talk.”

“You have long lost the right to talk to me.” The lady boss was very blunt.

“I turned around.” The elite-looking man seemed to be restraining his anger.

“That is also my wish.” The lady boss didn’t seem to be grateful.

Gao Yulan used the bill to cover her face, watching with interest.

The man and woman argued, and Gao Yulan finally heard something fishy. This wasn’t a lovers’ quarrel—the man was threatening her. She heard him say, “Are you done? My patience isn’t infinite. I don’t want to go to court with you to fight over my daughter. Don’t force me.”

“Force you? It’s you who’s forcing me,” the lady boss said loudly. “If you even try to take my daughter away, I’ll follow you at all costs.”