Ch-24

Gao Yulan quickly and simply described what was happening and asked Yin Ze, “Do you have time to go with me?”

Yin Ze angrily shouted through the phone, “What kind of broken company has such a lousy manager? Let’s not even talk about the fact that you aren’t even working there yet. Even if you were working there, how could they have a girl go out so late?”

“Maybe Manager Hu is a workaholic and maybe it’s something important? I used to go talk to my boss before talking to the client and the boss would hold a group meeting with some colleagues at a coffee shop in a hotel.”

Although Gao Yulan didn’t like this way of doing things, she also wasn’t very familiar with Hu Tian. Work at midnight was also really weird. So she was on guard, but the company was still good. She finally found work after so long, this pie fell from the sky. She really didn’t want to miss this opportunity because of some doubts.

Yin Ze didn’t reply over the phone for a while and Gao Yulan felt a little uncomfortable. She didn’t know if she should’ve asked him for help. She thought that because they were able to get along, their friendship wasn’t considered bad. But it looks like he didn’t really want to help her and was in a rush.

Gao Yulan carefully prodded, “Umm, if it’s an inconvenience… I’m so sorry, I didn’t consider your side…” She hadn’t finished and Yin Ze coldly said, “I’m very free right now!”

Gao Yulan closed her mouth, fuming with rage. Where does it look like you seem free right now?

Not waiting for her to say anything, Yin Ze continued, “You’re not allowed to go alone, I’m going to go with you. Wait for me, I’ll be there in 10 minutes.” After he finished, he firmly ended the call.

Gao Yulan’s mouth twitched as she comically looked at the phone. She had a little trouble understanding Mr. Yin Ze’s trouble. If he was unhappy, why did he persist to go with her? She looked at the clock and thought she better comb her hair and change her clothes while she waited. After ten minutes, she walked outside.

A sedan then flew over, screeching to a halt in front of her.

The car door opened and Gao Yulan stared with big eyes, “Why are you going so fast? It’s dangerous, even if there aren’t a lot of cars at night. You can’t be careless. Just because everybody else thinks there isn’t a lot of cars, there will be more people going fast and it’s actually more dangerous.”

Yin Ze watched her, blinked, and didn’t speak a word. Gao Yulan looked at his facial expression and realized she looked like a nagging old lady, so she closed her mouth and sat in the car. Thinking for a moment, she couldn’t help but say again, “Really, even though there are fewer cars at night, you shouldn’t rush. It’s dangerous.”