Promise

Y/n

The next morning felt different, like sadness. But when I see Zack my mood would change. He would make me so happy, I haven't felt this way in so long. Last time I felt this was with Katsu. Now here I am; in love with a psychopath idiot. But he's my idiot.

"Y/n can you make something to eat, I'm starving!" Zack complied while he was watching TV. I just rolled my eyes and got up.

"What do you want?"

"I don't fucking care, just make something."

"What's with the attitude? Is someone in a bad mood."

"Shut up, I'm just hungry." I walked over to him and handed him a bowl of cereal. I laid down next to him and cuddled up with him. We watched TV for awhile. I'll admit it was pretty boring to be at this motel room all day. But it's our safe place for now until we have to move again and I still haven't figured what to do about that. I was thinking of going back to my place to get more supplies so we don't have to waste money.

Speaking of money that reminds me that I need to look at the job application I got yesterday

I got up and went over to my bag to pull out the form. Zack didn't pay attention to me only the TV as I began to fill it out. When I was done I looked over at Zack. He was curled up in the blanket while watching his show. Honestly it was so adorable, I smiled and giggled he quickly turn his gaze towards me and glared.

"What's so funny!?"

"It's nothing, you just look so cute." I got up from the desk and crawled into bed with him.

"Cute huh?" Zack smirked as he pulled me close.

"Oh yeah. I'm going to turn in this application later today from the store I went to yesterday."

"What? You're not leaving."

"Zack.. we've been over this, I'm always careful. I haven't got caught yet. Besides you killed a group of teenage boys yesterday, I don't want to hear it."

"How come you're the boss now!?" I just got up because I can't deal with his bipolar self. I went to the bathroom and turned on the bath. I begin to strip myself and laid in the bath, I relax for a minute until I heard a knock at the bathroom door.

"What?"

"Can..can come in too." I blushed for a minute.

"You promise you won't do anything stupid like you did yesterday.." I said a little nervous that I was going to let a boy see me naked for the first time.

"I promise, Y/n." I told him to come in as I try to cover myself up. I looked away and blushed when he came in. I heard him taking off his clothes and bandages while I scooted over for him to take a bath with me. He was behind me and he wrapped his arms around me while his forehead laid on my head. My knees were still pressed up against my body, so he wouldn't see. It was kind of relaxing honestly just to have him with me. "You're so beautiful Y/n." He says to me and kisses on the top of my head. I blush a deep red and cover my face he chuckled and removes my hands from my face as he made me look at him.

"Zack.." I said before our lips connected. I had so many mixed feelings so many emotions during this time. Unfortunately our kiss didn't last that long because a knock happenedat the front door. I panicked but Zack got out quickly trying to dry himself off. He put his clothes back on without putting his bandages on. "Zack! What are you-" he ignored me and headed out the bathroom shutting the door behind him. I was in shock that he did that.

What if the police are at the door? They'll recognize him!

I jumped out of the bath and wrapped a towel around me. I slowly open the door cracking it a little, I didn't see anything the front door was shut and I didn't see Zack anywhere.

did he leave me!?

I got angry as I stepped out of the bathroom there was no Zack. I looked out the window and I didn't see anything it was still daylight out which made me worried. Million of thoughts are going through my head.

what if he got kidnapped? Or the police got him?

I quickly ran to my dresser and pulled out some clothes to wear as I was getting ready; in the corner my eye I noticed something it was Zack's scythe. He left it here I walked over and tried to pick it up it was heavy as hell so I gave up. I open the front door and looked around seeing nothing. I went to the front desk to ask if the employee saw anybody. As I entered I rang the bell and waited nobody came.

"Hello?" I kept ringing the bell. I was getting impatient and worried but I suddenly heard a loud noise in the back of the room it made me jump. "Is anyone there? I need help." Still no answer. So I walked to the back of the room quietly and slowly. My eyes widened to my sight when I see a puddle of blood on the floor which is leads to a lady's body and something else that was devouring the lady. It was kind of hard to explain what it was but it was tall and thin humanoid creature with elongated limbs. Its head seems to lack facial features until it unfurls the flesh like a flower to reveal "petals" lined with many sharp teeth, and a large open mouth. The arms and digitigrade legs end in claws; its skin looke slimy. It didn't notice me yet as I backed away slowly. But of course I bumped into something and allowed an item to fall on the ground. The monster looked up at me and I panicked. I ran as fast as I could, I can hear the thing behind me chasing me, I went outside looking around for somebody anybody. I went back to my room and grabbed Zack's scythe remembering it was pretty heavy but I had no choice. It was now quiet I can hear the thing walking around the front door growling looking for me I see it's silhouette through the window my heart was beating fast as I held up Zack's scythe. Suddenly the thing broke through the window and I screamed and swung around Zack's sycthe, something long came out of its mouth like a tongue and grabbed a hold on the sythe pulling it out of my hands and throwing it across the room. I panicked and quickly ran to the bathroom locking it I looked around for supplies to defend myself but nothing.

"Y/n!" I heard somebody say out the bathroom window. It was Zack. I tried to budge open the window but it wouldn't opened. Zack tried to do the same he got angry and broke it. I heard the thing right behind me scratching and trying to break the door open. before it did Zack slid me out of the bathroom window and we both darted away from that place after a few minutes of running we were both exhausted panting.

"What the fuck was that!?" I yelled at Zack. I was angry at him for leaving me without telling me.

"Listen, Y/n I'll explain later but we have to keep going." He said to me and grabbed my hand.

"Zack! Tell me please, why the fuck did you leave me?"

"I didn't leave you! If you would have just stayed in that room, none of this would have happened!"

"So it's my fault? Why do you always blame me for everything!" I pulled my arm away from his girb. "Why can't you tell me Zack!? I don't understand, I thought you loved me."

"Y/n. I do love you will you quit it! I can't tell you because I promise somebody I wouldn't tell anybody okay!? I'm sorry Y/n, I do really want to tell you but it's for your safety." He pulled me into a tight hug, Zack looked up to see the monster right infront of him just staring at us. My face was buried in his chest so I couldn't see but I could hear it, I froze in fear while Zack slowly pulled me right behind him to protect me. I was too scared to say anything. Zack and I slowly walked backwards making sure we don't make any noise. He grabbed my hand tightly so I would follow his lead, I trusted him so I did want he did. Zack look at me and whispered: "I want you to run as fast as you can into the woods you understand me?" I looked up at him in fear.

"Zack please-" he shut me up by kissing me and looked into my eyes.

"I'll lead the monster away from you, you go get help."

"Promise me, you won't die." I said in a angry tone which got the monster angry as well.

"Y/n.."

"Zack. Isaac please!.." The monster walked up to us slowly. I noticed the thing couldn't see but only hear.

"Run." Zack pushed me away from him and yelled at the monster to chase him. Zack ran the opposite way, while I hesitated for a minute and ran into the woods. My breath was short and I felt dizzy, I tried looking around for someone or something to help. I felt myself tripped over something and I hit my head against a rock and blacked out.