Ch-31

Gao Yulan’s thoughts were in a whirl. Papa Guo while driving was incessantly asking about Guo Qiuchen’s work, and indirectly asking about Gao Yulan’s circumstances.

Gao Yulan’s interest was running short and Guo Qiuchen was awkwardly trying to shift the subject with his dad. Papa Gao was also not so thick skinned seeing that his daughter wasn’t very happy, he also tried to shift his old colleagues attention.

The car was noisy with the chatting, so Gao Yulan didn’t want to make a phone call. She looked forward to stopping at the restaurant so she could give Yin Ze and Yin Ning a call.

Finding a place to stop the car, Papa Gao’s phone suddenly rang. Hearing what was said he was startled, Mama Gao had acute stomach pain, their neighbor had helped and sent her to the hospital. They took an examination and she might possibly have acute appendicitis.

This gave a scare for Papa Gao and Gao Yulan, there wasn’t anybody home and if there was a surgery what was to be done?

It seemed like they couldn’t eat, Papa Guo said that they could take his car. Guo Qiuchen said that he had driven to long and it wouldn’t be safe, so he would drive himself. Then he would come back on Sunday by bus so that he isn’t late for work on Monday.

Guo Qiuchen quickly went to McDonalds and bought some food for everybody on the way back , Papa Gao without delay contacted the neighbor in City C to ask what was happening and telling them they would be hurrying back.

Gao Yulan got off the car and went to give Yin Ning a call to tell her what was happening, and apologize for leaving without saying goodbye. She asked about Yin Ze and Yin Ning said she didn’t know, he just showed up and took Mantou to go.

Gao Yulan felt nervous as she dialed Yin Ze’s number.

Yin Ze instantly answered and asked her what she was doing. His tone didn’t show how he was feeling, but it also wasn’t his normal roguish one either. It made Gao Yulan worried.

She stammeringly said that her mother was ill and she was going with her father back to C City. Yin Ze made an “Hm” sound and asked how they were going. Gao Yulan bit her lip and quietly said: “Mr. Guo is taking us back.”

“Okay, take care of yourself going there, if there’s anything just call me.”

Gao Yulan agreed, but didn’t want to hang up, after a moment she said:”Trust me, I’m not cheating on you, I’m with Mr. Guo because my mother really is sick.”

Yin Ze was silent for a moment before sighing: “I’m not like your ex boyfriend that wouldn’t believe you. Do you really not trust me?”