All of my life

All of my life (Cover) - Jungkook

Chapter 9

Jimin got out of the cab and ran towards an abandoned park. When Jimin and Taemin were kids, seeing as how nobody ever came to this park at all, they decided to build their very own treehouse in a secluded part of the park. It was the one place that nobody but them knew about, it was their sanctuary. Jimin was soaking wet, but he didn't care. Taemin, who was sitting in the treehouse, noticed a figure running towards him. He squinted his eyes and saw that it was Jimin, he recognized his pink hair. Taemin immediately started climbing down the ladder that connected the treehouse to the ground and started to run towards Jimin. He had forgotten his umbrella in the treehouse due to the rush of excitement he felt as he ran, eager to hang out with his best friend once more.

"Jimin?" he shouted as he approached him.
Jimin could see Taemin and ran even faster until he approached him and hugged him. Taemin was slightly taken back by his actions, remembering the awkward hug from before, but eventually, he hugged Jimin back, grateful for the comforting familiarity in Jimin's hug, but he could sense something was wrong. Jimin was shivering, and it wasn't because of the rain. Taemin broke the hug to see Jimin's eyes red, as he continually sobbed.

"Jimin, why are you crying so much, are you okay? Did someone hurt you?" Taemin asked, looking concerned.

"H-he hates me Taemin, Jungkook d-doesn't care about me," Jimin managed to say before laying his head on Taemin's chest, wheezing.

"Jimin, please, don't think like that," Taemin said as he wrapped his arms around him and patted Jimin's back. They stood like that for a moment, both of them ignoring the harsh rain falling and completely drenching them. Why did he bring up Jungkook? Didn't he say they didn't talk anymore? But then again he was saying something about a lot of things changing..., Taemin thought to himself while clutching Jimin.

Jimin broke the hug and fell to the ground, breaking down in front of Taemin.

"You don't understand the pain I go through every day. When you left I became miserable, depressed, broken, and hurt. Jungkook doesn't like me, Taemin! He forgot about my existence. The day I found out you left was the same day Jungkook ended our friendship. Jungkook told me he became friends with me because he felt bad for me, that I was a loser!" Jimin told Taemin, as tears rolled down his cheeks.

"Jimin...." Taemin said as he knelt down in front of him. He felt an enormous amount of guilt at hearing Jimin's true feelings. He could feel his stomach turning into a pit as he looked at Jimin's sobbing face.

"All of my life, I've always wanted to spread positivity and goodness. I've never wanted to hurt anyone, but what happened in the end? I was always the one who got hurt. Baekhyun Hyung never came back, Taemin. He never did. After so many years I still have feelings for Jungkook, and I don't know why? Is it because he made me feel special?" Jimin asked as he looked up at Taemin.

Taemin couldn't speak at first. He was surprised about the fact that Baekhyun was still missing but more so, it was Jimin's confirmation of his feelings for Jungkook that shocked him, but he couldn't speak to that right now. He needed to assure Jimin, to make him feel better, to say anything to get him to stop crying. Seeing Jimin cry like this broke his heart.

"Jimin, I'm so sorry you had to go through this. I promise I will never leave you again. I'll be by your side, no matter what happens," Taemin said as he pulled Jimin into a hug.