An Eventful Graduation Day

Izuku graduated from primary school a mere five months after joining his new school. Not that he minded, he didn't feel any attachment for it. It was just a school he had attended, with people he had made acquaintance of, and exams which he aced easily.

The graduation ceremony consisted of singing the national anthem, handing of the diplomas, and then the students talking of their dreams for the future. All of the kids were dressed in traditional Japanese formal clothing or suits and dresses. Izuku wore a dark grey suit with his hair thrown back using grease, and he had a bewitching aura coupled with his charming smile.

When it was time for Izuku to talk, he headed to the stage with graceful movements, completely opposing his usual laid-back image and shocking many who knew him.

He bowed once he reached the microphone, then straightened his back firmly, lips curled confidently and eyes glowing a brilliant emerald green.

"First of all, I would like to thank my teachers and fellow students for accompanying me for all these months. I haven't been here for long, yet it already feels like a second home for me." He said at first, politely lying through his teeth, yet showing my a single sign of lying. "It is thanks to all of the support I have gotten that I can work hard towards my goal: becoming an inventor. This last year has inspired me greatly, and I aim to become someone that will have the capability to help Heroes save citizens, by aiding them using support gear. Helping people is the greatest honour I can ever receive, and I believe helping the people who are helping others is even more important. In the future, I hope to be known as an important helper of the nation." He then bowed once again. "Once again, thank you, teachers, for all your hard work, parents for raising your kids, and students for working hard towards the future. I wish you all a bright future and a happy life."

With that, he walked down the stage, smiling at the amazed looks the other students were giving him. It seemed not many had foreseen his speech being so formal. He was known amongst the students as the 'Lazy Genius' after all.

Aoki appeared next to him a minute later, a teasing grin on his face.

"Never knew you to be so polite, Midoriya-kun." he joked, and Izuku chuckled lightly in response.

"I should be respectful at graduation at least, right?"

Aoki shrugged nonchalantly, though the grin hadn't left his face.

"Whatever you say." Then his eyes lit up. "Oh yeah, did you hear Bakugou-kun's speech? Nasty, I'm telling ya." He shuddered as he remembered it.

Izuku snickered. The blond's speech had basically been a single rash sentence about becoming the Number One Hero and that he wouldn't allow anyone to hold him down. Even the teachers had looked uncomfortable, though the parents had chuckled at the young boy's dream, thinking not much of it.

As if they would know how serious he was. Katsuki was not like other children, giving up on his dreams so easily. He would probably strive forward until he achieved it through sweat and blood, until the day he died.

The thought made Izuku sneak a quick glance at the aforementioned boy. Said blond was currently tapping one foot impatiently, arms crossed and a deep scowl etched on his face. Izuku couldn't help but marvel at how beautifully his crimson eyes glowed, even if they were filled with anger.

The ceremony ended not much later, with the students and teachers thanking each other and bowing, then departing. Once he was out, he bid goodbye to the people he was friendly with, wishing them luck on their dreams, then walked away to the waiting arms of Inko.

As soon as he was squeezed to the brink of death, he felt the back of his suit dampening and his mother's breathing coming out choked. He sighed and patted the crying woman's back, already used to her quick tearing up after years of endangering himself while inventing.