vii. quidditch stars and competitions

"NOW THAT WE'RE ALL SETTLED IN AND SORTED— i'd like to make an announcement!" dumbledore boomed, the great hall quickly going silent

paris looked above her head at the flickering, floating candles, the bewitched ceiling, and the castle's turrets.

"this castle will not only be your home this year, but home to some very special guests aswell! you see, hogwarts has been chosen to host a legendary event. the triwizard tournament."

students began to whisper in hushed, excited tones.

"and for those of you that do not know, the triwizard tournament brings together three schools for a series of magical contests. and from each school, a single students is selected to compete. now, let me be clear, if chosen, you stand alone. and trust me when i say, these contests are not for the faint-hearted. but for now, please join me in welcoming the lovely ladies of the bauxbatons academy of magic and their headmistress, madame maxine."

the huge doors at the end of the hall burst open, and the school of girls skipped through it, all clothed in a baby blue uniform. they twirled and swayed in a synchronised routine, all the way to the front of the hall. a massively tall woman strode in after them— who the hogwarts students assumed was madame maxine. she was even taller than hagrid, and she towered over them all.

once the routine was over, everyone erupted into applause— a few of the boys even whistling— the girls less impressed.

"and now, our friends from the north, please greet the durmstrang institute for magical learning, and their high master, igor kakaroff." a group of boys marched into the great hall, each of them clutching staffs and clothed in a maroon uniform. almost all of them had either a buzz cut, or they had a hat on that covered their hair. a few of them began to do back handsprings, catapulting themselves across the stone floor. once they had settled, igor kakaroff and the legendary quidditch player, viktor krum, followed.