[28] Hero Killer

The day had been going by so peacefully. Yeah, being around Endeavor was somewhat awkward, especially knowing what he had done, but it was tolerable.

Despite the day going by smoothly, you had been prepared for a plethora of scenarios. Hostage situations, robberies, assault, the works. What you had not been prepared for, though, was the act of terrorism that was in the form of a literal explosion.

The moment the building exploded, rubble going everywhere, chaos all around you had erupted. Screaming and panic in the streets of Hosu, Endeavor was quick to go into action in helping others and figuring out the issue. He may be a major dick wad, but you were quick to see that he wasn't #2 hero without reason.

"Oh shit, is that Nomu?!"

Sure enough, at your words, all eyes were on the eerie creature, its brain exposed. There was no way that this was all a part of the League of Villains, right?

Who else could be behind this, then? They were the only ones with Nomu (that you knew of).

Muttering under your breath, you grumbled, "Well, now I can see why I was told to stay away from Hosu..."

At that moment, your phone had buzzed again, and you pulled it back out, hoping it was the person from before. It wasn't. Instead, a familiar contact name popped up onto your screen with a single message.

To: [Y/n]
From: Future #1

[6:44 pm]: [pinned location]

Confused, you looked up from your phone, seeing that Shouto had also received a message - also from Izuku, probably. What did that mean?

Shouto and you exchanged glances before realization dawned on you both, and Shouto was the first to jump into action. "Endeavor, when you're done here, come to this location."

He had barely shown Endeavor the pinned location before dragging you off, only to be stopped by the #2 hero's yelling.

"Shouto!"

Your friend stopped, looking over his shoulder back at the flaming man.

He nodded once, signaling that he was giving his permission for you two to go.

Well, that was not what you were expecting. Eyes wide as you started to run again, you didn't bring it up. It certainly didn't redeem Endeavor, not one bit, but... Well, at least you didn't have to worry about him trying to stop you guys, not that that would have stopped you if there was trouble.

And was there? That was the big question - you weren't sure. Izuku certainly wasn't the type to send his location for no random reason, and the fact that he said nothing else meant it must have been urgent. Besides, you were quick to figure out that Izuku practically attracted trouble. The question was what the trouble was. Deep in your gut, you had a feeling that this was related to you or to at least the two warnings you had now received to stay away from this particular prefecture.

Man, why did everything have to be so complicated? Sure, you liked action, but even this was a bit much - and that's saying something, considering it's, well, you.

Nearing the pinned location, you could hear the faint sound of yelling, only spurring you and Shouto to run even faster. Thankfully, you didn't have to wait long to find out what was going on.

Rounding a corner, your breath caught in your throat at the sight before you, and Shouto acted on a split second, fire arching forwards to in retaliation. On top of Tenya, ready to stab down and end his life, was a villainous-looking person you didn't recognize. Somebody with the League of Villains? You weren't sure. Behind them was Izuku, on the ground, and another hero off to the side.