26

Nightfall came, marked by Toph's snoring, and Katara and Rezalia slowly slipped away from the campsite. They make their way behind a group of rocks. "So, do we just sneak in?" Katara asks.

"What is this, your first time playing vigilante? No. I noticed in the town that they have statues of this spirit everywhere, you'll dress up like her. You just need a disguise. Luckily, I have some stuff you can use. Here," Rezalia murmurs, handing a bunch of clothing over to Katara.

"Where did you get these?" she asks, examining the clothes.

Rezalia rummages through her bag for a bowl. "Don't ask questions you don't want the answers to. You change, I'm going go pick some berries."

"What? Why?" Katara asks.

"Spirit lady has paint on her face," Rezalia mutters distractedly as she attempts to find the berry bush she'd seen earlier. When she finds it and fills the bowl with them, Katara was done changing. "I'm gonna have to use my fingers since we don't have a brush."

For the next couple minutes, Rezalia paints Katara's face, hoping that she was remembering the statue right. "There was a forehead stripe. Yes? No? We'll just go with it."

"This is not comforting, Lia," Katara murmurs, moving her face as little as she could.

"Yeah, well."

When Rezalia was done, Katara dons the hat covered in a see through white fabric and the pair set off toward the factory. As they jog, Katara strikes up an interrogation. "Have you done this before?"

"Not me personally, no," Rezalia answers, jumping a bit as to not trip over a rock.

"How are we going to get in?"

"I'll handle it. I have a knack for getting into places I'm not meant to be."

"When you said not you personally-"

"Sh, guards," Rezalia cuts her off, pulling her down to avoid being spotted by the guards that patrolled the outside of the factory. The security wasn't very high, and to their credit there wasn't much of a reason for it to be. The only people around were sick fishermen, fisherwomen, and fisherchildren. It was unlikely that anyone had ever tried to break in before. Something Rezalia took advantage of as she slipped through the doors with Katara. "Stay quiet." She whispers as they split up.

Rezalia wanders around. Of all the Fire Nation buildings she knew the layout to, factories weren't one of them. Eventually she found a store room that held some dried meat, rice, and berries. Grabbing a sack that was hanging on one of the walls, Rezalia piles in as much as she could carry - which was a fair amount as she was pretty strong - and heads back to the entrance where Katara was waiting with a bag on her own.

They silently make their way to the docks. "I'll have to take two trips," Katara murmurs. Rezalia nods and kneels, extending her palms over the dirtied water. Releasing massive amounts of heat from her palms without actually starting a fire, Rezalia causes steam to rise from the water. "Nice call."

Katara uses her bending to spread the steam out over the river to giver some cover as she walks on water over to the village. Rezalia sits against the dock, occasionally forming more steam as Katara jogs back and forth, bringing only the sacks back with her. Once she was done, Katara bends the gunk out of some water and uses it to wash the berry-paint off of her face. "We'll need to find some excuse to stay," Rezalia points out as she stands.

"I have some berries for that," Katara says with a smirk as the pair make their way to the place where they'd hidden Katara's clothes and the berry-paint.