b r e a t h e

He's still breathing.
I ran to him once he hit the ground, shaking him, and listening to his heartbeat.
I place my hand over his chest; and feel it rising and falling.
"Oh, Newt . ." I put my hands on his bloody, bruised, scratched face. "You'll be okay."
But I don't know if I beileved it.
He was so broken. That will in no way ever stop me from loving him, but it pains me to watch him hurt like this. I wonder if he broke down often back in the Glade. Probably not. He was second in command, and if anyone seen him having a break down, they might not trust him to be one of their leaders anymore.
He was so good at hiding his feelings. Maybe that's why so much was draining out of him now. He had kept it all in for too long.

I went to the bathroom to get a dampened washcloth. I know what to do when someone goes unconscious, I think. I've seen the med-jacks do it, and I have a slight memory of how to do it, although I have no idea where that memory came from.
I washed off his face with the warm washcloth, then I folded it up and set it on his forehead. There is no way to wake him up. All I could do was wait.
I took blankets off of Newt's bed, and made a makeshift bed on the floor. I put his body on top of it, placing a pillow under his head, and a thinner blanket on top of his body.
Then I put another pillow on the floor beside Newt, and layed down beside him, sharing the same blanket.
I just starred at him for a little, admiring his honey colored hair, and his rosey pink lips.
"Newt," I start, "I doubt you can hear me, cause I don't beileve all that klunk about people being able to hear when they're unconscious, but just incase you can, I'm going to talk to you, okay?"
I pause, as if he was going to speak.
"I've said it so many times, and I'm going to say it again. You're so incredible. You deserve all the best things in life. You are my universe, Newt. I need you. You might not beileve it, but I do. Please wake up, babe. I - I love you. I wanted to tell you when you were conscious, so you could say it back, but I'm going to say it now, just incase I can't later. I love you. I love you so, so much. I sound like a cheesy Slinthead right now, but you are a part of me. I can't function without you. Please, just wake up."
I leaned over towards him, made sure he was still breathing, which he was, then I kissed his face. Starting at his jaw. then his cheeks, then his adorable little nose, then his forehead.
"Goodnight." I say to him before turning out the light, hoping he might show a sign of waking up.