Chapter 16

It's been one week since we got married. Few things that I came to know in the last one week is Arjun is really a workaholic. He is very negligible towards his health. Sometimes he skips breakfast  and  sometimes dinner. He leaves for his office at 10 and returns late night.

He won't sleep on time  as well ...many times in the midnight when I wake up for water or  for some other reason I find him standing in the balcony looking at the sky. He is very conscious about his workout..he sleeps late after me but still  wakes up early in the morning before me and workout in his gym.

Hardly we spend 2 hrs together in our room that too after dinner. During that 2 hrs also he is busy with his work. He don't even notice me when he is working. He hardly talks to me unless it is very important.

Though he talks less  but he is very responsible  towards me.  He  met and spoke to Sushanth and also apologized on my behalf  because  he was concerned that how would I face my friend . He makes sure that I am comfortable with everything  in his house. Mohan Bhaiya is always available for me if I need to go somewhere. Amma and madhavi didi looks after all my needs.

I was comfortable with everything in his house but not satisfied. I felt like something was missing . I was messed up with his actions. Sometimes without letting him know I would not have breakfast when he skips breakfast  and same applied to the dinner part. I didn't know why I was behaving in that way because sometimes I wouldn't understand my own feelings . Sometimes I  would convince myself that he is just being responsible towards me because of that contract between us ... sometimes I felt like he heartfully cares alot about me....the confusion between being responsible and caring  was always a reason behind my weird reactions for his actions

His actions affects me a lot . At one point he is very rude ...and at other he is so caring. But finally after somehow completely  convincing myself I decided that I should also be responsible towards him in the same way as he is towards me... by atleast  making him have his food  and sleep properly on time. So I made a plan to make this happen😜

It was 12:30 pm. I was sitting in his favourite place that's balcony waiting for him.

"You didn't had dinner?" I heard him behind me .  ( Purposely I placed two plates filled with food on the table in front of the couch. I knew he's gonna ask😜 )

"I am not hungry"

" You don't like this food??"

"No"

" You wanna eat something else??"

"No"

"Then you are not hungry??"

I walked close to him standing just one step away "Mr Arjun...I am not interested in answering your questions...so can you please leave me alone??" I said in a stern  voice raising  eyebrows

"No.. I am not leaving you until you have food" he replied folding  hands Infront of chest with eyebrows raised.

We both glanced at each other for a minute with our hands still folded in Infront of our chests ...saying nothing ...non of us  were ready to give up

Breathing a sigh of relief and placing hands on my waist I said "Mujhe bhuk nhi hai Arjun"

"Thodasa khalo ..."

The moment he realized what's going on...he burst out into laughter. The first time I saw him laughing out hard. Very soon after completing our laughing session of hardly a single minute ....again he was back to his serious angry young man character.

" I told you not to wait for me"

"And I told you that I need a company"

"It's not good for your health ... You should have food on time.... and it's already very late ....so  have dinner"

"The same thing applies to you as well"

"My case is the different one"

"Then mine is also the different one"

"Don't be childish " he said in a stern voice

"What Maa told you when we were leaving my house??"

"What??" He looked confused

"I think you have a very weak memory... don't worry I'll help you..Maa said..."

He interrupted "she will not be worried about you... because you are my wife now"

"Exactly... what if she comes to know that her daughter is not having food on time.... what about the trust she has on you..and what will happen when Maa will inform the same to Baba... I am his pyara bachcha..then he will also be worried about me...and the most important thing.... as you said I am your responsibility... then you have to look after all my needs...and I need your company for breakfast and dinner"

Bearing all my drama he placed one hand on his waist and started massaging his forehead with the other.

" I had a client meeting so I had dinner with them"

Hearing his words  my heart sunk. Again I was hurt by him ... here I was starving waiting for him and my handsome hunk had dinner with someone else🙁

Some part of me was not ready to digest this...I thought he is lying to get escaped ..so I asked him again to confirm

"Pakka??"

"That's why I told you on the first day of marriage itself... not to wait for me and have food whenever you want"

"Ok fine... today I'll excuse you... but do remember my words ... you have time till morning... " faking that it didn't affect me I replied and walked away from him making my way to the washroom.

Entering washroom I locked the door and pressed my back to it . Unwillingly I blinked back a tear but it escaped and slide down my cheeks... why the hell am I crying ... why do I get affected by his actions...I cursed myself and immediately  wiped off my tears. Washing my face I came out of the washroom.

I picked up the glass of water and gulped it .

"Sona" he whispered in his strong husky voice.

I turned back meeting his gaze. Gently holding my hand  he made me walk to the couch and sit on it.

Sitting besides me he took the plate in one  hand and dipping the roti in  curry with the other  he placed it near my mouth . I just ate it without uttering a word....as I was too overwhelmed by his gesture  to speak.

I would like to dedicate this chapter to sweetymua juw03902J Esha_Pearl_Puri ❤️❤️❤️

Thank-you so much guys for your immense love.. support and encouragement❤️❤️❤️

Please let me know your views through comments.

Do vote and share🤗🤗