ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ-ɴɪɴᴇ

"If this goes anything like our rescue exercise at USJ, we're fucked" Y/n groaned, sliding her hand across her face in annoyance at the memory of the attack.
Denki let out a nervous chuckle.

"I'm sure it'll be fine as long as you don't throw yourself at big hunky monsters with brains spilling out of their heads" he replied. He had never gotten over how reckless she had been back then and to be fair, how reckless she was now.

"Yes, about that. I'd rather not have to save you again" Shoto butted in, sending her a rare smirk. Y/n punched him in the chest before crossing her arms.

"For your information, I saved myself" she huffed out, turning her attention to the rest of her classmates.

Everyone in class 1-A had managed to pass the first phase of the exam, Aoyama barely making it as he took the last spot.
Yokumiru had just finished explaining the second part of the Pro Hero License Exam, emphasising exaggeratedly the importance of rescue training for heroes and pros as if that hadn't been said enough in class during the whole year until now.

"We don't know what the point system is now..." Izuku muttered, more to himself than to anyone else, but it was loud enough for most of them to listen in.

"I'm not sure, but it's scary to not know what we are being judged on" Y/n replied, massaging the sides of her head with her fingers as she tried to come up with some kind of plan.
Her eyes naturally turned to Shoto for help, after all, he had always managed to give her some good suggestions when she didn't know what to do.
Y/n's nose scrunched up slightly as she saw the death glare Shoto was sending to the ground, his arms crossed tightly across his chest, his mind obviously in its own little world.

"Sho?" she questioned, placing a hand softly on his arm, making him jump at the sudden contact. It was quite odd of him to space out in such a short period of time.
At her curious gaze he let out a sigh and placed his forehead on hers as he gently wrapped his arms around her, his gentle breathing tickling her skin.

"I tried asking that guy from before, Inasa, what his problem was" he muttered loud enough to hear, but it was obvious something was bothering him.

"And?" Y/n encouraged.

"And he said he hates both me and my father... he believes I have changed but my eyes are as emotionless and cold as his"

Y/n's face softened at what he said, knowing that something like that would probably hurt him deep inside even though he didn't show it.
I mean, who wouldn't feel hurt being compared to Endeavour?
Her hands gently cupped his face as her eyes met his.

"That guy knows nothing about you, he hasn't spent months training, living, conversing with you. That's why you can't let his words affect you Sho" she told him, holding his face still so he couldn't look away, wanting him to know that she was being truthful.

"But what if he's right?" he asked.

"Trust me, anyone that knows you, can state the VERY clear difference between you and that shitty father of yours" she replied, leaning in and kissing the tip of his nose, which was amusingly cold compared to his warm cheeks. His muscles softened at the gesture, a small smile forming on his face as he pulled away.

"Ok" he sighed.

"Good, now let's go get our license" she smirked, proudly walking towards Kirishima and Kaminari, wrapping an arm around each of them and asking them how it went with Bakugo in the first part of the exam.
Shoto watched Y/n walk away and let out a soft laugh as he admired her.

I love you

"Alright, everyone. I hope you're ready because your next test starts now" said Yokumiru, once again letting the walls of the room fall down and presenting the teens with the disaster site.
The members of the "Help Us Company" were scattered all through the map from the first phase of the exam, pretending to be citizens in need.