1 Year Ago

Sree-

It has only been 3 months since I joined the new company, but there already has been so much work. I looked into the mirror at my reflection. My dark brown eyes stared back at me. There is a client coming to office today and I have to look good. But no matter how I style my hair, I do not like it.
"Devi come have your breakfast! " called my mom.
"Coming, one sec " , I answered .

I went to the kitchen, it was dosa again for breakfast. My grand father was sitting on the sofa reading the newspaper.
" Devi,  it's time search a good marriage partner for you soon", he said.

"Thaatha, I told you so many times that I'm only 22. I don't want to marry now. ",
I replied, irritated that he had to bring this up in the morning.

Ever since I graduated from engineering 6 months ago, my grandfather has been obsessed in my marriage. I didn't like it at all. I had always fantasied love, but it never happened.

Well, in my college, I had a few crushes but nothing serious occurred. Now life is boring. I missed college and my friends there. Now, there was lots of work, and not many people are there to talk with in my company. I ate and took my bag.

"Bye mom, bye thatha".
" Come home soon", my mom called after me.

I reached the office and sat in my place. I was quite early. I looked around. Seems like my colleagues hadn't arrived yet.

There was this strict senior manager, sincerely staring at his laptop. "Weird person", I thought. 

I logged in to my laptop and opened my mailbox to check for new mails. Within sometime, my manager Hari came to me.

" Sree, there you are, I want you to go through these papers. After that head to the meeting room. The client will be there for the meeting, and I want you to take notes of the meeting. It will be good experience for you", he said.

I smiled and took the papers and went through them. Some new deal was going to take place and there was information about that. I sighed. I didn't feel like taking notes for a meeting.

As I mentioned before, there was a client coming today from a growing startup company, to talk about a project. Supposedly that company and it's founder were on the magazine, for being a fast growing company within a short span. I did my work as told and went to the meeting Hall with my laptop. It was empty. I felt lonely. College was different, after that life becomes monotonous. Each day I work hard, the day ends , I go home, look at the phone, eat and sleep.

"How long am I going to live like this", I wondered.

My manager and other staff came in after some time. I took my notepad out and pretended to look into the papers to escape from their glances.

"He arrived, get ready ", announced a coworker who went by the door to welcome the client.

Then he entered. My eyes were on the notes
" Hi all, sorry to keep you waiting", he said.
The deep and smooth voice made me look up.. And I saw him.. For one second I forgot where I was..

He seemed too young to be a founder of a company. More over he looked good, handsome.. Hot...His brown eyes looked at ever one with a smile. It was beautiful...hypnotic..

His black hair strands fell on his forehead, and moved slightly with the ac air. He had a light beard stubble, his lips.. What am I thinking...

His suit hugged his body perfectly and I could see he had abs, he was tall, his whole presence was stunning.. Mesmerizing...Like in the movies ,I thought,..
I blinked once,..
"I was just surprised to see a handsome man", I thought.
He seemed too good to be real. I pinched myself.

My manager's cough brought me back to reality. The meeting had started and I had to take notes. He had already started explaining about the presentation. I took my pen, but the words he spoke couldn't reach my brain.
" Concentrate Sree", I told myself. " Concentrate on your job", I told myself and took a deep breath and started taking notes.

At the end he spoke to the team about his expectations, while I was noting it down,.. He looked at me for a moment,

"Hey, it's ok you needn't note it down, I'll be sending a mail with the expectations", he told",

When he looked at me, and spoke suddenly I froze. I wasn't expecting that and couldn't reply. He smiled. I melted, My heart beat so fast..I felt a shiver pass through me, the good one you know, goosebumps...

Thank you so much for reading!

Well, this was a short chapter, I hope that the others would be longer!

Do read on to find out how their story begins!

If you like it, please vote or comment.