𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

She didn't know how to explain it, but she had a feeling that this young man with black hair and burgundy tips... was after Muzan.

Y/N's stared at the burgundy haired male, she gulped as she saw him unsheathed his katana. She was bewildered, when she saw Muzan was oddly calm about the situation they were in.

Machi who was curious why the black haired man had stopped walking, she glanced behind her towards the direction the progenitor was looking at.

" Daddy, who's that?" Machi's voice was heard loud and clear, and revealed herself while gripping the tuxedo of the demon lord.

" It's all right, don't worry." Muzan reassured the little girl.

The young man halted in his tracks as he stopped unsheathing his katana midway when he saw the little girl that Muzan was carrying, she studied his reaction as he seemed shocked of what he just saw.

He clearly had history with Muzan, as he was willing to unsheathe his own blade and maybe attack him. But what she did not understand was why he stopped...

Maybe it was because of Machi, since she was a little girl? Or because they were in a city and surrounded by a crowd?

She did not know the real reason why he stopped, but she was glad that nothing had happened to Muzan and Machi.

" Is there something I can do for you?" The progenitor asked, the corners of his mouth turned up into a smile. His eyes studied the form of the young man who was still frozen in shock, he internally cursed himself for getting caught by a demon slayer.

Y/N decided to walk towards Muzan and innocently asked. " Oh my. What's going on?"

" Mother!" Machi exclaimed as she and Muzan glanced at her with a smile that she returned, she placed her hands in the little girl's head gently patting it. Machi leaned to her touch, as Tanjiro covered his mouth slightly shaking.

" Do you know him?" Y/N asked the black haired male, as they all gazed at the trembling young man who stared at them as if he knew something they didn't.

" I do not, much to my consternation. I've never met this child before." Muzan answered shortly as he blankly stared at the demon slayer in front of him. " He must have mistaken me for someone else."

He sharpened the nails in his right hand, as he made sure that Y/N and Machi were looking the other way. Before he slashed the neck of a man that passed by, while listening to H/C woman. " Oh, you think so?"

Tanjiro who knows what happened, rushed forward bumping shoulders with Y/N. Muzan stretched his hand over Machi that acted as a protective barrier, as he side stepped to avoid the demon slayer.