13"

Swinging the door open, Rosaleé entered the transfiguration classroom 30 minutes late

Swinging the door open, Rosaleé entered the transfiguration classroom 30 minutes late. She had woken up with a terrible hangover and couldn't  bring herself to get out of bed to make it to her first class on time. Everyones eyes followed her as she flopped down on her seat, throwing her head back dramatically and groaning in pain.

"Miss Devaux, you are late" McGonagall stated looking unimpressed at the girl Lounged before her.

"Shhhh, too loud" she muttered, glancing at her imaginary watch she blinked, "oh yeah, Well would you look at that, I am indeed" Her smart comment causing the marauders to snicker at the back.

"Detention with me tonight "

"Oh no, no thank you" she smiled innocently picking at her nails.

"I'm afraid you have no choice. You will be with me tonight"

"Atleast take me on a date first Minnie" she smirked rocking back on her chair as Sirius cackled in the background.

"Enough Miss Devaux!" She screeched before quickly turning her attention back to the remaining class whom were all sitting there with amused faces. "As I was saying, the ferula spell..."

——-

The school day had quickly come to an end and Rosaleé was sad in detention waiting for McGonagall. She wouldn't of even gone if Lily and Alice hadn't forced her to attend. She sat with her feet crossed over on the opposite desk, smoking a cigarette that she was currently twirling in her fingers.
A good 10 minutes had past when the door to the classroom opened as someone walked in.

"Hey, what you doing here?" She asked Remus who looked slightly out of breath.

"McGonagall asked me to supervise her detention. She's at a staff meeting and asked me to watch over since I'm a prefect"

"Well it's just me here. Lucky you" she teased.

"Yeah lucky me" he mocked with a smile on his face.

Rosa glanced over the boy who stood leaning against Mcgonagall's  desk. Her eyes scanned his tired face. His body seemed frail and fatigued, like all life was slowly fading out of him. His eyes that once held a sparkle seemed empty and in pain. His woolly jumper that looked so fuzzy and warm seem to be drowning him, making it look like he was suffocating beneath the fabric. His face held dark shadows as he read through a small notebook in his scarred hands.

"Hey rem?" She whispered, afraid that if she spoke any louder it would startle him, not to mention she still had a banging headache.

He hummed in response as he lifted his head looking at Rosaleé expectantly. Wordlessly she got up off her seat and slowly walked towards Remus, gently cupping his face in her hands, using her thumb to stroke his cheek. He seemed to tense at the action but eventually relaxed, melting into the girls palms and staring into her eyes.  "Are you okay? You don't look well" Rosaleé started glancing across his face.

"I- I- yeah. Yeah I feel fine" he replied unconvincingly.

"Don't lie to me Remus, You look terrible. No offence..."

He only laughed gently his eyes wrinkling as he did so "None taken. After all, I am the best looking marauder right?" he flashed a grin that looked eerily similar to James and Sirius'.

"Obviously" she agreed smiling " Though I'm starting to wish I hadn't told you now you've got the same size ego as James and Sirius"

"You hurt me Rosa, Right here" he laughed pointing to his heart through his dark green jumper.

"Hey! I know what you're doing, stop avoiding my questions. Are you sure you're fine? I could escort you up to Madam Pomfrey or I could help you get back to your dor-"

"Rosie" Remus cut her off "I'm fine, really. If anything it's probably just a cold coming. It's really no fuss"

"But I care for you rem. Sure we've only been friends a few weeks but I don't want you to die on me!"

He chuckled looking fondly at the girl "I'm not going to die any time soon Rosaleé"

"Are you sure?"

"Positive"

"Anyway you're not supposed to be talking in detention"

"Are you serious right now?"

"Yep. Also... put that cigarette out"