Never Love Like this.

"Do you smell something?" I asked raising my eyebrow as Damon and I stood in his bathroom.

"Hmm. Mom's cooking." Damon pointed out clearly uninterested and I smirked inhaling the scent.

"Is that bacon?" I asked excitedly as the smell came into my nose.

"Yeah or some baby she abducted from a nearby village." He countered and I rolled my eyes, putting my finger to his mouth.

"Sh. She can hear us." I stated before walking over to the sink and turning the faucet on as I adjusted the towel around my body before Damon wrapped his arms around me and I sighed at him as I looked at his reflection in the mirror. "You have to give her a chance. Just like I gave you plenty." I stated tilting my head at him in defeat. "She's your mother." I added looking down at his hand that was around me before I gently touched his finger tips with mine.

"No, she's a tool to get Stefan's humanity back." Damon replied swaying us gently. "Because right now, there's no doubt that he and Caroline are fangs deep in bodies." He added and I sighed turning around in this arms. "Look, the sooner we get our supernatural-born killers out of circulation, the better." He warned and I slowly nodded in agreement . I walked out of Damon arms as he turned the faucet off as I furrowed my eyebrows and picked up my pants from off of the floor.

"Have you seen my T-shirt?" I asked confused looking around his bedroom and not seeing it.

"I'd prefer you without one." Damon replied in amusement and I laughed walking towards his drawer.

"Not so sure your mom would feel the same." I countered raising my eyebrow as I smirked back at him. I went to open one of the drawers before he vamped in front of me, holding a black shirt in hand.

"Take mine." Damon smiled and I furrowed my eyebrows at him before I gently kissed him and grabbed the shirt in my hand.
~~~~

"Wow." I whispered gawking at all of the food set out on the table in front of Damon and I. Bacon, French toast, toast, pancakes and eggs as well as some fruit.

"This was always Damon's favorite." Lily pointed out, smiling brightly at him. "Eggie in baskie." She added quoting him.

"Doesn't taste like I remember." Damon replied emotionlessly, wiping the corner of his mouth with the napkin.

"Well, you were human the last time you tasted it. Our taste changes over time." Lily reassured smiling at us. "But Mariana—You're fairly new at this, aren't you?" She asked smiling at me as we ate and I rose my eyebrow.

"Uh, actually both my sister Elena and I turned a few years ago.. I turned before her." I nodded informingly and she slowly nodded back.

"Do you ever miss it? Being human?" Lily asked tilting her head and I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Um.. Sometimes." I admitted, thinking about it as the thoughts of a family and Freya cane into my mind before Lily changed the subject.

"So if I understood correctly, the only way to free my companions from that place where I was trapped, we'll need the magical device." She said getting up from the table and walking to the counter, grabbing another bowl of fruit.

"The ascendant." Damon nodded in agreement as she reached the table.

"Yes, the ascendant. Where is that?" She asked putting the bowl on the table.

"Safe. Very, very safe." Damon reassured, looking away from her.

"And we'll also need a celestial event." Lily added again, nodding at us.