Stand by me.

"Baby?" 

"Baby?" 

You sit by the back door, head leant against the door. You weren't feeling the best, just a down day, just feeling like utter shit. The rainy afternoon, the grey sky and cold wind was making you shiver but you just wanted to sit and get lost in your thoughts for awhile. 

John approaches the back door, you sit knees to your chest, leant against the door frame as you stare into the grey afternoon. He slowly walks over, careful not to startle you. 

"Darling?" He asks again crouching down beside you. 

"Hey" you whisper smiling a little but don't take your eyes of the grey skies. 

"Your freezing y/n" John sighs, he sits down therefore you are sat between his legs, his arms wrap around your middle as you rest your head on his chest. "What's with the frown darling?"

"Just down s'all" You reply. 

John doesn't need to say anything after that, he knows just him being there will help you. He reaches over to the side and carefully puts on gramophone, the soft music playing in the background as the rain hits against the floor of your garden. John smiles fondly at you as you start softly humming to one of his favourite songs. 

"Sit up darling" John taps your hip. You look up at him confused as he gets up and offers you a hand. Taking it you are quickly dragged outside making you gasp at the sudden cold hits your skin. 

"John" You gasp at his sudden movements.

"Y/n" He gasps in mock, grabbing your hands he spins you around under his arm. 

The soft music in the background as you spin around, laughing with John when he nearly slips. John never failed to make you smile, the way he smiled or laughed just was contagious. He was your everything and you were his. The way you curled up in his arms and how your body would just fit into his perfectly. Your family was perfect; it was just you and John but that's all you needed for now. Just John. 

As the music slowly died down, John held you close you his chest, his white shirt now see-through and sticking to his skin. His hair that would be usually slick back now sticking to his forehead. You wrapped your arms around his shoulders, his around your waist sitting comfortable at your hips, your foreheads placed together as you sway together softly. 

"Thank you" you whispers breaking the comfortable silence. 

"No problem sweetheart, just don't tell people I am fucking soft ey" He jokes. 

"Your only soft when it comes to me" you giggle. 

"Only you" He confirms tucking a piece of  wet hair behind your ear. 

"Softie" 

"Oi, you know I only like one nickname darling and it ain't that" John winks cheekily making you blush. 

"John-"

Your lips cashed together like two people madly in love with each other after a long time of being away from their other half. It simply felt right, like you were the missing piece to his puzzle in this jumbled world. 

"I am cold" you whisper against his lips, John chuckles

"I know one way to warm you up" He responds, grabbing the back of your thighs and wrapping your legs around his waist walking back into the house closing the door with the back of his foot. 

Love me like lightning..,
Kiss me like rain. 

                   -Madalyn Beck.