scene vii

S E P T E MB E R, 1 9 7 5

K I T C H E N

VENUS WAS HELPING James with his transfiguration homework when two identical redheads walked inside the common room.

"V! V!"

The Prewett twins shouted while taking a seat next to the curly brown haired girl. "Fabian. Gideon", she said with a smile as James raised an eyebrow. "You lots are going to have to come another time, she's helping me", the boy stated but that didn't stop the twins.

"Party, tonight. We need you in the kitchen with us"

Gideon said as she chuckled softly. "Can I finish this? I'll meet you in a bit, ask Winky for a piece of cake for me", she told them before they nodded. Fabian stood up to leave but Gideon stayed seated.

"We have to talk", the redhead whispered in her ear as she nodded.

The Prewett twins then proceeded to leave, after changing James hair colour. "I hate them", the boy mumbled as Venus turned his hair back to black.

"You couldn't even if you wanted to. They're the best drinking buddy anyone could ask"

She said as the boy sighed heavily. "I know, that's why I hate them", he defended himself as she simply frowned her eyebrows.

"You hurt my head sometimes"

Venus said to James who looked at her in shock.

Gasping dramatically the boy turned his head violently, so violently that he hit the window causing her to erupt in laughter.

Gideon Prewett was not one to care if people liked him or not. He didn't give two shit. But somehow, Venus had found a place in his head and wouldn't leave him alone.

Every time he tried to stop thinking of her, he would see her.

And it didn't help that she was the most beautiful girl he had ever seen. Her brown hair was always perfectly done, and her green eyes seemed as they could stare into your soul. She also happened to be quite formed in all the right places.

The Lupin girl was always on his mind. Every time she looked his way, his hand would be clammy. His heart would pound in his chest and his face turned redder then usual. That caused some intense teasing from his twin brother.

"Just ask her out to Hogsmeade, if it goes terrible then don't talk about it"

Fabian said while sitting down. "It's not that simple, Fab. Remus will literally kill me-"

"Why is my brother going to kill you?", a feminine voice asked as the twins turned around to look at Venus.

"Venus. Look Fab it's Venus"

Gideon said nervously as his twin brother pinched the bridge of his nose.

"Thank you for the introduction, Prewett", the girl giggle as the boy's cheeks turned a deep shade of red.