Imagine #47 - Damon Salvatore

{Bitten}

You winced in pain. "What is it?" Damon asked, concerned. The two of you were still shaken from being attacked by one of Tyler's pack; they hadn't meant it but they were still getting used to the fact that they were a werewolf and still unable to control themselves. "I'm sure it's nothing." You said, touching your arm and noticing some blood. 

"Baby, you're bleeding," Damon said, taking your arm in his and liting up your sleeve gently as not to hurt you. "(Y/n)," He said, quietly. You felt your breath escape your body as you heard Damon speak your name. You knew that it wasn't just a scratch; you knew that it was the beginning of the end. Damon looked at you with tears in his eyes. "You were bitten, weren't you."

You nodded, now crying along with him. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"Because I didn't want it to be real." You admitted, as he pulled you into his arms and kissed the top of your head. "It's going to be okay." He said, cradling you as you inhaled the aroma around him; you wanted to soak up everything and be this close to him until you died. "I'm going to fix this, baby. I'm going to find you a cure. Something. Anything." You forced a small smile, knowing that it wasn't possible for you to be saved. Damon knew it too. 

****

"Are you comfortable, baby?" Damon said, taking his place next to you on the bed and plumping up your pillow. You were growing more pale and weak by the second, which meant that you didn't have long left. Damon lay next to you and simply held you in his arms. He hadn't left your side since he'd discovered that you'd been bitten. "I'm sorry I couldn't help you." He said, suddenly crying. With the little strength you had, you put your fingers to his lips. "I don't care."

"I do." He said, running his fingers through your hair. 

"You have given me the best years of my life and I love you so much."

"I love you too." He said, his mind was racing with all of your memories. "Remember that weekend we spent in Paris?" He smiled, raising his eyebrows. "Everything was amazing; the food and the sights." You let out a small, yet weak, laugh. "From what I remember, we never left the room once. We were too busy."

"What else did you think I meant when I mentioned the sights?" He laughed, kissing your head. "You are so beautiful." He smiled, admiring you just as much as he did when he first met you. 

"You're not too bad yourself." You smiled as a strange feeling went through your body; it was the life slipping out of you. "I love you, Damon Salvatore." You reminded him once more as your eyes closed and everything went black.

Damon was alone, crying and begging you not to leave him.