Imagine #48 - Ian Somerhalder

{Ex - Part 1}

****

"Are you sure that you're okay with this?" Paul asked Ian, watching his expression. 

"Yeah," Ian admitted. "Why wouldn't I be?"

"It's just that (Y/n) is your ex-girlfriend and I didn't want you to be weird about her coming to the party." Ian smiled at Paul, appreciating that he was worried about how Ian would feel. 

"Paul, it's okay. (Y/n)'s your friend too, you shouldn't feel weird about inviting her to a party. Besides, we left it on really good terms." 

"Well, if you're sure." Paul smiled, patting Ian's back. "I'll see you at the party then."

****

The room was crowded and filled with loud music. Ian grabbed a drink and looked around the room. Everyone was having a good time and here he was, waiting for his ex-girlfriend, the love of his life, to walk in the room. He had wanted nothing more for the relationship to work but unfortunately, they had to go their separate ways. 

That's when he saw (Y/n) walk into the room and his heart stopped inside his chest. He hadn't seen her in months but she was still as beautiful as the day that he had met her. (Y/n) saw him across the room and smiled, waving. Ian smiled back and walked over to her. "Hi." She said, unable to believe that he was actually stood in front of her again. Without thinking, he hugged and she graciously received it. "You look amazing." He told her. "How have you been? How's work?"

"I've been okay, just keeping myself busy." She had to; not being with Ian had broken her heart. "Work's been as busy as ever." She admitted. "You look really well too." She looked around the room. "Did you come here with anyone?"

"No, I haven't seen anyone since-" He stopped and looked at her, embarrassed. "What about you?" He asked, diverting it back to her, although he hoped that she was going to say no.

"Yeah, I came with someone," She admitted, apologetically. "He's around here somewhere." She added. Before Ian could keep talking, a man came over and grabbed (Y/n)'s arm. 

"Come on, we need to leave." He said, making Ian guess that this was (Y/n)'s date. (Y/n) looked at Ian, red with embarrassment. She knew that if her date caused a scene here, in front of Ian, Ian wouldn't stand for it. "We've just got here." (Y/n) told him. 

"I don't care." He replied. "We're going because I don't want to be here," He grabbed her and pulled (Y/n) towards him. 

"Please don't do this here." (Y/n) begged. "You know I hate it. These are my friends," He continued to ignore what (Y/n) was saying. "I said, let's go." She could tell by the look on Ian's face that he was incredibly concerned and ready to jump in at any minute.

"I don't care what you want." (Y/n)'s added, grabbing her arm. "Let's go." This is when Ian knew that he had to step in. "Hey, get your hands off her," Ian said, standing his ground. "She said she doesn't want to go, so back the hell off."

"Who the hell are you?" (Y/n)'s date asked.

"I'm Ian." (Y/n)'s date looked at Ian, then towards (Y/n). 

"Wow, the ex-boyfriend." He laughed. "Fuck you, (Y/n)." He walked away and out of the house leaving Ian and (Y/n) alone. "Excuse me," (Y/n) said, walking into the crowd and towards a quieter room.