Chapter 19 - Albert

- Chapter 19 - Tricks -
Warnings: Secrets
Third Person POV

Albert stared intensely at his phone, willing it to ring.

Anthony poked his head over the bunk guardrail. "What are you doing?"

"Waiting for Spot to call me." Albert states, not looking at Anthony.

Anthony's eyebrows furrow, as he puts his book mark in his book.

He rests his arms on the guardrail and rests his head on his arms. "Why?"

Albert sighs, finally turning to face his younger Soulmate. "Because. He said he'd call me when he was on his way to come here."

"Don't you see him," Anthony stops for a second, thinking. "Like, every day."

Albert shrugs. "He's my Soulmate."

"You depend on him a lot."

"I love him."

"That's nice."

"I love you, too."

Anthony bites his lip. "I'm sorry."

Albert looks at him. "It's okay. I understand that saying that is hard for you. You don't have to till you're ready."

Anthony avoids his gaze. "It's stupid. I should be able to say it. It's only three words."

Albert shakes his head. "It's not stupid. A lot of us have a harder time saying it. Take your time."

Anthony nods.

They sit there in silence for a few minutes, before Albert's phone rings.

Albert eagerly checks it.

Anthony flops back on the top bunk, opening his book again. "Is it Spot?"

"No." Albert mumbles, answering it. "Hey Specs, what do you need?"

"My boyfriend is driving me insane." Specs mumbles into the phone. "He wants to go outside."

Anthony perks up. "Outside?"

Albert chuckles. "Anthony would gladly go outside with him."

Specs grins. "Thank you, Anth! He's coming now."

Anthony grins, starting to climb down as Albert hangs up.

And then, he slips.

Albert sees this, and quickly grabs him before he hits the ground. "You have to be more careful."

Anthony blushes, getting up quickly. "Sorry. I'm outsiding."

Albert chuckles, as Romeo bursts into the room. "Outside friend!"

Anthony grins. "Outside friend!"

Romeo grabs Anthony's hand, dragging him to the backyard, while Albert follows, slipping his phone into his pocket.

"Cartwheel contest!" Romeo exclaims.