𝐗𝐕. ESCAPE FROM GRINGOTTS

CHAPTER FIFTEENESCAPE FROM GRINGOTTS

CHAPTER FIFTEEN
ESCAPE FROM GRINGOTTS

§ § §

We were able to get through Diagon Alley basically unnoticed, except for one time where Hermione greeted someone with "Good morning", which was most certainly not a Bellatrix thing to say.

The doors to the bank opened, and turned around under my cloak to look at the place. The air held a darker feeling, much different than it had been on my eleventh birthday, when I came here with Harry and Hagrid.

We stood by the doors, and I watched as Hermione looked back at Ron and Draco. The both of them nodded, and she began walking forward, the rest of us following.

I winced to myself as Hermione struggled to walk correctly on the heels, but luckily not many goblins were looking up at us. The ones that did gaped at Hermione, Bellatrix, for a second, then returned to their work.

We reached the front desk, where the goblin there didn't even flinch. After a few seconds of him not noticing us, I elbowed Hermione. She cleared her throat to get his attention.

He didn't even blink.

"I wish to enter my vault," Hermione tried again, trying to sound as athourative as possible.

Once again, the goblin didn't look up. This time he did, however, speak. "Identification?" He asked. My heart froze, and I looked to Hermione to see what she would say.

Luckily for us, Hermione was brilliant. "I hardly think that would be necessary."

At this, the goblin finally looked up, a surprised expression on his face. "Madame Lestrange!" He eyed Hermione for a moment before turning to get the key.

"I don't like to be kept waiting!" She called after him.

I walked up behind Draco and whispered in his ear, hoping he wouldn't flinch too much.

"He's definitely suspicious. You think You-Know-Who sent out a PSA?" I asked quietly.

Draco narrowed his eyes and scanned the goblins working, some of which were staring at our group, some of which were whispering to each other and pointing at us.

Draco gave me a small nod, solidifying my fears.

"They know," I heard Griphook whisper from the other side of Ron, where Harry apparently stood. "They know she's an imposter. They probably know about Malfoy, too."

I turned around to see the guards from the front doors walking closer to us. "They've been warned," Harry whispered.

"We were wrong," I whispered back. 

Ron also turned to look at the guard walking up to us, then glanced to the side Harry was on. "Harry. What do we do, Harry?"

Before he could reply, the head goblin had returned, this time with another one. "Madame Lestrange, would you mind presenting your wand?"