23

"So, mind telling us where you were last night?"

Mark jumped as he turned around. Originally he was going to just hope that the boys were still asleep and then sneak in.

Obviously that didn't work.

"Uhhhh." Mark dragged out as he saw all of the boys sitting on the couch. It was as if he had snuck out to go to a party and just got caught by his parents.

Haechan and Renjun were sitting at the table, while Jeno, Jisung and Chenle were on the floor with video game controllers in their hands. Jaemin was sitting on the couch behind them, his phone in his hand.

"Well....I.... I went out early for a walk." He stuttered as he looked at them. Jaemin raised an eyebrow.

"You went for a walk in the morning? Mark you can barely wake up before 8 and you went for a walk this morning?!" Jaemin exclaimed, knowing that there was something wrong with his answer.

"Weren't you supposed to come back after dropping Jieun off?" Haechan asked. Renjun perked up.

"Oh yeah, you wanted to walk her home last night!" He said as he remembered.

"Hyung, nothing happened. Right?" Jisung asked slowly. Chenle also narrowed his eyes at Mark, "You didn't do anything, right?" He asked, using the same time as Jisung.

"There's no way you came home last night! We were up until 1 waiting for you!" Jeno said as he looked at Mark in confusion.

Mark threw his hands up in defeat. "Fine! You got me! I spent the night at Jieun's!" He said.

The boys looked at him in shock.

"YOU WHAT?!" They shouted at the same time.

"We thought you dropped her off and then went to spend the night at Soojin's!" Jeno exclaimed.

"You didn't do anything to her, did you?" Jisung asked suspiciously.

"What?! No! Why would you even think that?!" Mark said incredulously.

"Wait, hold on. So does that mean that you accept her as our soulmate?" Chenle asked hopefully.

Mark smiled at the younger boy's hopeful look. " Yes, I have. Honestly, the only people who haven't accepted her are Jaemin and Haechan." He answered.

"Wait! Renjun hyung likes her?!" Jisung said in surprise. Renjun nodded.

Haechan got up, "I have to go." He said before putting on a pair of shoes and leaving.

Mark sighed as he looked at the door. He hoped that Haechan would learn to like Jieun as much as he did. The girl was close to her breaking point.

The painkillers and sleeping pills that he found only made him worry more.

.........................................................................

Haechan sighed as he walked down the narrow street.

He knew Soojin wasn't their soulmate. He knew that and yet, there was something holding him back.

He knew that she wasn't the same girl that he fell in love with, that they all fell in love with.

Somewhere along their relationship she had changed into a girl who would ask for money and then go shopping with her friends.

So what was holding him back?

Holding him back from seeing the same girl that his friends see in their soulmate. The girl that they love to talk about, the girl that they always want to be with.