Chapter Twenty-Nine : Families Coming Together

February 2008

It was now February 1st and William as well as Eric had some leave time in the military to make it back home.  It also meant that it was thirteen days until Evelyn's twenty-fifth birthday.  

The couple had decided that this week they would have both of their families meet officially, without the hassle of running like chickens in different directions.  They had decided to meet up an hour before they had their families meeting up.  

Evelyn had decided to dress up nice for the happy occasion and wore her favourite cowl neck jumper which was a tan a colour and paired with black legging pants and black heels with a red sole from Christian Louboutin.  Her hair was down straight and she wore a bit more makeup than she usually did for the special occasion.  She hoped that it went well and was excited to see how everyone would get along.    

"Can you believe that we've been dating for seven months?" William asked her as she handed him a cuppa tea.  

"I know," Evelyn smiled at him.  "Best seven months of my life so far."

"Mine as well," he brought a hand up to his heart.  "Evelyn, I love you," he told her as he looked into her blue-grayish eyes.

"I love you too," she said back with complete certainty.

"Really?"

"Yes," she exclaimed with a laugh as she walked toward him and wrapped her arms around his neck and brought him closer to her.  "Completely.  I feel like in a sense I've always loved you.  I've just been too afraid to admit it," she told him feeling shy as she felt her ears burning up from blushing.  

They had been dating for seven months now and the two of them couldn't be happier.  Of course, they were slightly bummed that they couldn't be with the other more - but with Evelyn's busy career and William's military career it made it slightly impossible.  Therefore, they cherished the times they do get to be with each other which was more than the normal military guy in a relationship.

He brought her closer to him as they made out before they left.

*

They went on through the day with smiles on their faces, knowing how the each other really truly felt about the other.  They felt at peace knowing that and therefore the experience of having their families blend together for the first official time.

Unfortunately Harry wasn't home to make the meeting lighter and make some jokes but the couple was okay with it.

Evelyn had discussed with her family beforehand how to greet the Royal family.  That the women should curtsy and the men bow their heads out of respect to Prince Charles and Camilla.  The Queen would not be joining them today but they were okay with that.  In a way, they welcomed that as it would be a wee bit less stressful for her family.  Evelyn tried calming down her parents, especially her mum, who seemed to be a bit of a nervous wreck weeks leading up to this day.

"Has your mum calmed down a bit?" William asked his girlfriend as she drove to her parents home.

They had decided that since they were still pretty under the radar of the world that they should meet in private.  Not in some other place where they could easily be recognised by the public or paparazzi.  Charles and Camilla thought it was a lovely idea and only wanted her family to be comfortable.

"I think she has," Evelyn told him as she turned left.  "Now she's talking about how excited she is to meet your dad and Camilla."

"Good," William nodded his head.  "She has no reason to be worried.  They already like her based from what they saw at the concert.  All they care about is that she's welcomed me into your family."