Chapter 34 -Yule Ball-

"For the last time Graham I am not going to the bloody ball tonight!" I groan. For the past few days I had been bombarded with the proposition of going to the Yule Ball. By now I had nearly gone mad trying to get Adrian and Graham off the topic. It didn't help that numerous guys and girls had been asking me to company them for some odd reason. Naturally, I rejected every person that had asked me which resulted in a lot of tears and curses being thrown my way.

"But Delilah it's Christmas! Can't this be my gift?" Graham whines and gives me a begging look.

"You already got a gift." I gesture to the boxes of candy surrounding him on the floor.

"Oh come onnnn." Adrian pleads and throws a chocolate frog at me.

"I am not listening to this anymore." I grab my new tape and plug my Walkman in before retreating back up the stairs. This morning when I had opened all my presents I had found the new tape with a letter attached from Sirius. He explained in the letter that he was sorry for not reaching out to me sooner and that he was just trying to be cautious.

After reading it, I had felt slightly better and decided to let him off the hook for now. However, I was still slightly upset that he had talked to Harry and not me, but then again I was certainly busy these days. Of course the mix tape he made me way fantastic and included one of my favorite artists, David Bowie.

Currently the song Changes was blasting in my ear while I continued to proceed to my room, Adrian and Graham still calling after me. Upon entering my room I rolled my eyes and tried not to gag at the strong scent of perfume in the air. Recently, I had been able to avoid my roommates, Pansy and Daphne, but unfortunately today they were preparing for the ball.

"Oh my gosh Pansy it's gorgeous!" Daphne squeals while Pansy proudly holds up her dress.

"Yes as gorgeous as Hagrid's feet." I drone and flop myself down on my bed. Pansy turns to me with a sour look on her face, placing the horrid lime green dress down.

"Oh shut it, you're not even going." she huffs and crosses her arms.

"Is that suppose to offend me or..." I trail of with a smirk.

"It's just sad that's all, I mean at least one person should have asked you." Daphne points out and starts to curl her hair.

"I am choosing not to go, I don't need someone grinding their sweaty body against me all night."

"Then why is there a dress in your closet if you don't want to go?" Pansy looks at me with amusement.

"What? I don't have a dr-" My voice cuts off as I peer into my closet. Sure enough, hanging in front of me was a dark green dress. My mouth gaped open in shock as I surveyed the beautiful gown before me.

The top of it had a laced pattern which seamlessly flowed into the complete silk bottom. It was a forest green, much like the Slytherin house color, and looked like it hung off the shoulders. Picking it up, I run my fingers over the smooth texture and smile softly as I see an attached note reading, "From Narcissa".

"Well, are you still sure about not going?" Daphne questions smugly.

"I don't want to waste the gown, but ughhhhhh." I groan and look at the dress in a conflicted manner.

"Just go, I don't want you moping around the room all day." Pansy forcefully pushes me into the bathroom and shoves a makeup bag in my arms.

Letting out a sigh I slowly begin to unzip the dress and shimmy my way into it. After zipping up the back I look down to admire the gown and grin. It was a perfect fit, clinging to my figure and showcasing my curves that I try so hard to hide. Slightly excited, I begin to work on my face that was in desperate need of some touching up. Covering my dark eye bags and applying a minimal amount of makeup I look at my reflection satisfied. However, there was still something about my appearance that didn't sit well, my hair.