OWLs

authors note: i was always mad at jkr for making the twins fail all their OWLs, heaven knows those boys are too smart for their own good. soo here's my take on it ;)

𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁

April 30, 1994

Fucking bullshit bloody damn Christ. And all the other swear words that Elodie was too agitated to think of right now.

This was all her fault. First of all, if she had devoted an hour of her time to studying, perhaps she wouldn't be completely falling apart right now. Second of all, if eleven-year-old Elodie had chosen friends that gave a flying fuck about school, maybe she wouldn't be about to fail her OWLs- the turning point of her entire school career.

Elodie was done with her Herbology, Astronomy, Defense, Ancient Runes, and Care of Magical Creatures exams, all of which hadn't actually been that bad. Some-like Astronomy and Ancient Runes, she was pretty sure she excelled in, but only because those subjects were actually interesting.

But here she stood in line for her Transfiguration exam, terrified out of her wits. Fred was the good one when it came to Transfiguration, never Elodie. It came to him naturally. And she?! She was going to fail.

"Florence, Elodie." One of the examiners called.

She exhaled shakily, and stepped into the classroom.

The proctor was a gentle old man, who looked like he could've been anywhere between 40 and 140. His features were more elderly, but his spirit was that of a middle-aged man.

He gave her a large canary bird and instructed her to turn it into a teakettle (notably, one that looked nothing like the canary). Elodie managed to get it into a teapot alright, but it was still light orange and let out tiny chirps if you tried to put hot water in it.

The examiner was very nice about the whole affair, but Elodie's cheeks were scarlet with embarrassment when she walked out of the classroom.

George stepped out of his exam room at the same time as she, and Elodie rammed her head into his chest.

"I definitely failed." She sighed.

"That makes two of us." George patted her shoulder. "The proctor found a feather on my kettle."

"Hiya, mates!" Fred came out of the classroom opposite them, beaming. "That was easier than I expected!"

Elodie groaned and George flipped him off.

"C'mon, Els, we have Potions next and you'll be perfect!" Fred grinned, pulling his friends down the stairs. "And then we'll do Charms tomorrow and George'll get an O for us both."

Elodie and George looked at each other doubtfully, but gave into Fred's relentless cheer.

Potions was the only non-proctored subject, which was quite a disadvantage for everyone involved. Elodie was certain Snape would lower her grade just because he felt like it, and even if he didn't, people would pull the nepotism card if she did do well.

He had the shutters drawn, as always, and the tables were arranged in a sort of U formation around the room, scrolls of parchment waiting for them.

Elodie made to sit next to Fred and George, but was promptly pulled up from the collar of her shirt by Snape, who separated the trio without a second thought.

"Hey!" Fred protested as Snape dragged him across the room. "I need Els to cheat off of!"

"You will do nothing of the sort." Snape growled, pushing Fred into one of the furthest chairs.