The Mansion

The next day at office I had to report to Hari about the meeting. Then I informed Priya about what had happened. She couldn't stop laughing. "What! You locked the client in a room". She laughed

" You guys shut up and let others work", Malini snapped glaring at us.

"What's her problem", I asked Priya. She shrugged.

The week went fine. I met Vikram once more, when he came to our office for the monthly meet. I expected him to look at me, and smile but he didn't even notice. Towards the end of the week Hari called me.

" Sree you know phase 1 of our project is over, and Vikram requires a live demo not through digital platforms. So we have to go to his office for that. He is taking work from home, this week so we may have to go there to give demo, I want you to come with me. ", he said.
I agreed. "First restaurant, now home", I thought.

Vikram's house was very big. It had a huge garden and was very classy as well as enormous. Hari rang the bell and a servant opened it. We entered and my mouth opened in awe. It was so luxurious and big.

" We came to see Vikram Sir ", Hari said.

The servant pointed the way. I kept looking around When walking.
When I entered the room, Vikram was speaking on phone. The room seemed like an office. He was wearing a blue shirt and didn't have any suit like usually he wears to office. His shirt was not full sleeved so I could see his 6 packs I guess, on his arm. "He must go to the gym", I thought. We sat down on the chair waiting for him to finish the call. After his call, he looked at us.

" Hey sorry for that, Hari and Sree you can start explaining the demo. ", he said. I thought of smiling at him, but his expression was so stern. Why couldn't he smile when greeting someone.

The meeting started and Hari made his points. I pitched in the middle. We had a 10 minutes break, when I got up to visit the washroom. On the way, I got lost as I couldn't find it.

"Why do I keep getting lost nowadays"
"
Need help?, " Someone asked and I turned to see a man, he was thin, clean shaved and had a smile on his face.

"I was.. Trying to find the washroom", I said.

" Ill take you there, follow me sweetheart ", he said.

" What, he called me sweetheart? ", I thought. I hesitated.

" I'll find it myself "i said

" Ohh come on, this place is huge,, You'll probably waste your time trying to find", he said.
I hesitated but then decide to follow his directions.
The man's eyes were on me the entire time. It made me feel awkward. When we reached the washroom I said thanks and went inside. To my horror, the man was waiting outside when I came out.

" I didn't get to introduce myself, I'm karan and you? ", he said and held out his hand.
" Sree", I said but I didn't move my hand. "Got to go, to a meeting", I told and moved out.
" Wait sweetheart what's the hurry, we can talk" he said.

"Who is this creep" I thought.

"I do not want to talk to you", I said and walked without looking back hoping he wouldn't follow me. He didn't. However, within an hour, I got a friend and message request in FB from him.
" How did he get my account ",
Of course I deleted his request.

The meeting went fine, it wasn't too fun, because Vikram seemed more stricter and he kept on adding changes we had to make. They asked me to leave at 7 pm since it was getting late. Hari still had some work left.

When leaving I was looking at awe at the place. That's when I spotted the kitchen. There was an Aunty there trying to reach something from the shelf. She was shorter than me however and couldn't reach it. Instantly, I went to her.

" Hi Aunty, I'll help you with this,", I said and reached out and gave her the coffee jar, she was reaching for.

"Thank you so much kanna, this kamala na she keeps these jars on the shelf, I have told her so many times not to", she said smiling.

" And you are?" she asked.

"I'm working with Vikram sir on a project, I'm Sree ", I told her.

" Oohh okok I'm Vikram's mom", she said.

"He is too serious with his work, always he is busy with work, I tell him to relax but he never does so", she said.

I smiled at her, not knowing how to reply to that.
" You are leaving? Have coffee and go kanna,", she says.
"No aunty, it's already late", I said.

" You helped me, come on just 5 minutes" she said.
She was so sweet, I couldn't deny her. I helped her in making coffee.
She took me to the sofa and asked me to sit and have coffee. I hesitated.
" Sit naa, it's so lonely drinking coffee alone, give me company", she said. I smiled and sat.

When I was sipping on the coffee with aunty, Vikram arrived. I got a little nervous. I was drinking coffee with his mother. I nervously looked at the coffee cup
"What, Sree u didn't leave yet? ", he asked, obviously surprised to see me having coffee with his mom. I looked up at him wondering how to put across what happened.

" Sree helped me to reach the coffee jar, I asked her to have coffee and leave, your cup is there, you also have some", his mother said.
I was happy that she spoke.
Vikram looked at her for a second, then took his cup and sipped. I looked sideways at him.

" Mom your coffee tastes so good today, what's different,", he said. I blushed.

" Ooh Sree helped me in making the coffee, maybe that's why", she said.

I remained silent acting as if I didn't notice what she said. I glanced at Vikram. His expression was unreadable. Just then when I was happy, the creep came there.

"Hey guys, drinking coffee without me? hey Sree", he waved at me as if he had known me for a long time. I glared at him.

Vikram looked up at us quizzically. I quickly finished my coffee and took a leave, thanking Aunty and Vikram. I did not even look at that creep. He must be some relative, I guessed.

That night, my thatha was speaking to me about a serial he was seeing, and I tried listening, however my mind wandered to that day's happening. Then I got a call. I picked it up.

"Hey sweetheart, you left without speaking to me, so I thought we will speak now", said a voice. The creep! How did he get my number. I got so angry at this person,

" I told you I do not want to talk to you don't you understand or maybe you can't hear properly ", I shouted and cut the phone then I blocked the number.

What an idiot. I calmed myself down an went to sleep, thinking if I would get any similar dreams tonight. But i didn't get any☹️

What do you think about Sree? Does she have a crush on Vikram?

Will Karan cause any trouble to Sree?

Continue reading to find out what happens next..

Please vote or comment if you like