Chapter Thirteen || movie night

"HOW LONG DOES this fucking take?!" Chase growls as he watches the popcorn spin around in the microwave, his head in his hands

It's Friday night, which means curfew isn't until eleven tonight. So, Kat and James suggested that we have a movie night, including Flora and Gray.

Chase, Teagan, Kat and I are finishing up making the food while the others busy themselves in setting up the living room and picking out the movie.

Kat whacks him on the head, "language!" She exclaims, but she seems more humorous than angry. Teagan and I try to muffle our laughs as I feel my phone vibrate from my pocket.

I look down at the caller ID and a smile widens on my face, I've been waiting all week for this call. I head out of the kitchen and into the privacy of the hallway before answering.

"Nonna! Come va?" I ask her enthusiastically. How are you?

"Sorprendente, mia cara. Nonno is here as well, say hi Lorenzo." My grandmother says, speaking in Italian.

Amazing, my darling.

"Ahhh la mia Principessa!" I hear Nonno exclaim through the phone. "I've missed you."

"I've missed you too, Nonno. Have you talked to the others yet?" I ask, talking about my brothers and Father.

"Yes, we have. They seem to be doing well, other than missing you, my Adina." Nonna informs me.

"Well, I miss them very much too. How's the vineyard?"

My father's parents own a vineyard in the south of Italy, where they now live permanently. We try and visit as often as we can, usually during Christmas or like this year, the summer.

We plan to stay for a whole month after school has finished for the year and I can't wait.

"Good, good. I just want to know how my granddaughter is doing." Nonno says, pushing away my question. This doesn't surprise me at all, because this is actually very normal for him.

"I'm great," I laugh to myself.

"That's wonderful sweetheart. We love to hear that." Nonna gently says, making me smile to myself.

"Now I hope you're focusing on your studies, no boys. You know I'll send Marco over to straighten anyone out." Nonno warns half joking and most likely half serious. He's very protective of us Ricci women, and Marco is my Dad's younger brother.