8

It had been eleven days since Lauren had told her she was in love with her. Of course, she still hadn't responded to her messages.

"You are behaving like an idiot, Lauren" Every day, due to her frustration, the messages became more abrupt "... And like a coward too."

It was Sunday, which meant her hand could have a break. It also meant, of course, more time to think about Lauren Jauregui.

"If you want to know so much about her you should go to her apartment" Dinah suggested already tired of her sister's suffering.

And the mere mention of Lauren's apartment reminded her that it had been exactly one month since the day of the call.

Maybe now she had more reasons to go.

***

She had no hope that Lauren would open up to her, but she couldn't lose anything else. Besides, she and the painter had a deal.

She went up to the eighteenth floor and looked for the door with the letter "D". That's how she quickly found herself in front of the painter's apartment.

She found it funny that all the doors were white and identically carved. The manufacturers wanted to give the impression that all homes were the same, but Camila was sure that no department resembled Lauren's, or 18-B, or 4-F, or 15-C.

She was about to knock on the door when she heard screams inside.

"PAY ME NOW!" demanded an unknown male voice.

"I ALREADY DID!" Lauren was furious.

"I DON'T MEAN THAT!"

"I'M NOT GONNA SLEEP WITH YOU, BRAD!"

"BUT YOU DO IT WITH EVERYONE!"

Camila was startled to hear the noise of glass breaking, rushing steps that became more and more audible and then the squeaking of the door being opened sharply.

The first thing she saw was the body of whoever Brad was, who had wavy hair and a strand of blood coming down his forehead. He was clearly dizzy.

The next thing she could notice was Lauren Jauregui holding him by the collar of the shirt and pushing him towards the corridor.

Camila Cabello had never seen the angry painter before. Not until that day.

Lauren put more pressure on Brad's shirt and forced him to stare at her. The man trembled with fear. At that moment Camila knew that if that hateful look were directed at her, she would probably not live to tell the tale.

"You're disgusting" She spat, and finally pushed him hard through the corridor.

After this the man just clumsily ran up to the elevator and pressed the buttons at random. He didn't seem to care where he was going... He just wanted to get away from Lauren Jauregui.

At that moment, the tattoo artist watched the painter cross her arms and let out a huge sigh.

"What are you doing here, Camila?" In her voice there was no anger. There was indifference, which was a thousand times worse.

Camila did not expect the girl to notice her presence, as she seemed so angry with Brad that she had doubted that she could have seen her. But she did, and her brain made her believe that all was not lost.

"It's been a month... you said you'd paint me."

Lauren turned slowly until her cold green eyes collided with hers. She had a raised eyebrow, just like the first time they looked each other in the eyes at the tattoo shop.