Ten

Matti Williams

Matti Williams

Another fantastic morning to go to art class.

It was cold outside. Not nearly as cold as winter, but the wind and rain were an annoying presence. Speaking of annoying presence- I was absolutely thrilled to have the opportunity to see my favorite partner in the world this morning.

Like Griffin said, 'Be nice to her'.

Walking into class, I searched and found her in the back of the class. Getting offered multiple fist bumps and highfives as I walked up the steps, I smiled and waved back to everyone. Approaching her, I walked up my last few steps.

Putting my hands on the table I asked, "Is this seat taken?" Her eyes shot up to mine as thats when I realised today probably wouldn't be the best day to fuck with her. Her eyes were red around the rims, as if she had been crying before she came here.

She looks upset.

"Yes, it is sorry." She says and gives me a blank stare. Okay, well- fuck that and whoever took the seat.

I chuckle, "By who?" She nods forward, "Dean isn't this your seat?" The foreign exchange student, Dean, shrugs, and responds, "I mean it wasn't-" I put my backpack on the table and pulled out the chair next to her.

What is wrong with her today?

She grabs her pencil and looks down at her notebook and starts to doodle. Her left legs anxiously tap the ground while she waits for the lecture to start.

"Psst. Black. What's wrong?" I whisper.

No response.

"Naomi. You can't ignore me forever princess." I continued to pester her.

No response.

However, her leg starts tapping the ground even more. My right arm grabs the top of her exposed thigh due to her shorts and her leg stops tapping. She grabs my arm and throws it off her leg.

"First of all, don't ever touch me again. Second of all, nothing is wrong. Third of all, I'm trying to pay attention to the class because even though you might not need it to get into the NFL, I need it to become a nurse." Her golden-brown eyes are spitting venom at me.

Woah. Down Girl.

I look at what are supposed to be her notes, but the doodles she's drawing represents everything she's feeling at the moment I guess. The moon, the stars, and a question mark?

"So in class today, we will go over a few assignments that need to be completed. So the first assignment is due by the next class, it's easy. Just write down the color you think your partner represents and why. Do some research, write a paragraph or a few, have fun with it. Weekly work will sometimes be given, but the syllabus explains what we're doing on a day to day basis. Your midterm is to talk about your partner's moods! If you can draw then do a one-page essay on what it is and why you think it means the most. Your final project is to be done with both partners, you will be drawing each other's aura. You must both be here on the final day of class, if you chose not to present, that is fine. But attendance is required, if not, then both partners fail the class. So now that that explanation is over, who can tell me the colors of the rainbow in order?" Dr. Metz said.