Chapter 25 - A Matter of Yesterday Pt. 2/3

Eleven hours earlier...

In Alan's office, Bureau 10 Building, Sand Island, Naval Air Station Midway Islands, Midway Atoll.

12:30

     Y/n was sitting on a chair when Alan approached him with several letters. Alan placed all of them onto the table and then sat down.

Alan: "Letters from the President and the people in Washington. You have been awarded the Navy Cross and the Distinguished Flying Cross."

Y/n: "How about you, Alan?"

Alan: "I also got the Navy Cross. Thinking about it though, I think you're the second officer to receive both our Navy Cross and the British Victoria Cross. I think the first was, Ronald Niel Stuart."

Y/n: "I see."

Alan: "The people in Washington are quite proud of our victory over the Sirens, even though there were still some form of resistance from the Revanchists, particulary King. Luckily, the President personally intervened and authorized our awards faster than anyone else."

Y/n: "Good for you."

     Alan looked at Y/n who was reading a letter and sighed. He then searched for his letters on the table.

Y/n: "At least I don't have to go meet your President in his White House."

Alan: "You should be proud of it, Y/n. By the way, your medals are attached to the letters."

Y/n: "Got it."

Alan: "Also, prepare for some kind of celebration at around midnight."

Y/n: "Alright, see you later then."

Alan: "You too."

     Alan stood up, grabbed the letters sent to him and walked out of the office while Y/n was still checking each letter one by one.

Present...

7th of June 1942

00:00

     Y/n was still not drunk despite taking several glasses of wine. However, it was the opposite for Alan and Yorktown who were now completely drunk.

Yorktown: "You know, Y/n, looking back, I have some regrets. Like if I knew you were THIS good? I'd've been more HONEST with myself."

Y/n: "Then why don't you be more honest with yourself now?"

Yorktown: "..."

Enterprise: "Get off me...!"

     Y/n looked at Enterprise in her gorgeous black dress being assaulted by someone who he didn't expect to be here. It was Commander Eduard Wallace, who was even worse than his normal-self when he's drunk.

 It was Commander Eduard Wallace, who was even worse than his normal-self when he's drunk