Chapter 177: Conclusions

Erin falls to the floor in frustration and blames herself for letting the enemies escape.

“Don’t feel down. It’s your victory. Looking at their conditions, both of them won’t be able to fight for a while." Sairaorg said as he pats Erin's head  "No, they won’t be able to fight as how they used to because of the damage they received."

"Well, I hope so.." sighed Erin. "I won’t know how much effect Samael’s poison will have on him, but even myself who is both a Dragon and a Devil had my body destroyed easily from it. So nothing good will be waiting for him after this."

"If you got in contact with Great-Red, then before challenging that Dragon-God, I need to finish my battle with you first.”

"So a declaration of battle already huh. It's just like you to say that." replied Erin to Vali. The latter smirked and then spoke firmly.

“But be careful. While many will fear you, there will be more coming after your life. That’s what it means to get in contact with the True-Dragon and Dragon-God.”

"That sure is scary... But if they will be coming after my life, then I just need
to overcome them." spoke Erin in nonchalance. Vali smiles in enjoyment at the response and looks satisfied.

"[Voltaire…Will you be resting for a while?]"

"{Yeah... Maybe so.. Or maybe….. I’m sorry Albion.}"

"Albion and Voltaire are talking to each other? What are they talking about?"

Erin sensed another person who is approaching. It was Arthur and he made a small nod to Vali.

“Vali. Everyone is here. Like we planned, we made a rampage.”

“I see.”

Arthur then looks at Kiba.

“Kiba Yuuto. It seems like you are the most worthy opponent that I have been searching for with my Holy-King sword Collbrande. The time when Vali has his battle with Erin Vermillion, I will also seek a battle with you. Until then, I hope we both don’t get involved in anything unfortunate.”

Kiba smiled at the challenge he received from Arthur.

"By the way, Vali." spoke Erin before the 2 guys can leave. "Where's Fenrir?"

"I will deliver him back to your house. If you prefer, I can just send him back by means of a transportation circle to be conducted by Le Fay."

"That sounds fine."

Hearing that, Arthur and Vali finally left.

"So I assume you defeated Siegfried?"

"Well, many things happened. Siegfried was defeated by all of us.” replied Kiba. "And thank you for lending Gram, Erin."

Kiba summoned the sword and attempted to return it. Erin refused and smiled faintly at Kiba.

"But this sword-

"It was meant to be yours, Kiba. I'm giving it to you. I believe that you are more suitable to use it than me. Besides, Gram chose you.. So it's only fair that you are the one who is in charge of it now."

Kiba's eyes widened for a moment. He eventually smiled at the Goddess and replied.

"Arigatou, Erin."

“Now, I also have my servants waiting for me. I will leave then.” spoke Sairaorg as he walked towards the window

"Thanks for your help, Sairaorg."

Sairaorg waves his hand and jumps off from the window.

“I will also go and call everyone. Erin, you rest here.” Kiba also jumps from the window after saying that.

Erin was left alone and decided to look around the shop until everyone arrives

"{My child, that was a good fight... Hmm. That's right. You should be fine with this. You can fight and stand up on your own...}"

"You seem a bit unenergetic, Voltaire." Erin curiously said. She can hear the dragon's voice being cut off.

"What's wrong?"

"{Looks like I used too many things to revive your body….. I will lose my consciousness very soon…..}"

"W-What do you mean! What’s happening! Why didn’t you tell me!?" Erin replied in panic.

"Then the conversation between you and Albion just before is……. A farewell…..? You are lying! You are joking right!? Wait! Hold on a second!"

"{Don’t worry…… I will make sure you can use the Gear even without me……. That’s why I’m glad I was able to see a good fight…….at the end……..}"

Voltaire's voice starts to get cut off even more, and his voice is becoming small and weak.

“Wait! …..I can't…..I can’t face my troubles without you!”

"{You can……. You have... your comrades... I am……..no longer………needed………}"

"No! This is too much! I need you! You are my Dragon Father! And I am your Dragon child! Let’s stay together forever! We are the Blue Empress together!"

Tears started to roll down Erin's cheeks

"We had been doing stuff together! At school! At home! Against Kokabiel! My first encounter with Vali! During the camp at the mountains during the summer! Against Loki! Even at Kyoto…..! And the match against Bael……."

The memories rushed to Erin's mind and her tears aren't stopping.

"For you to die because of restoring my body…….I don’t want that!"

"{My child... Erin... Thank you. It was fun…..}"

“Voltaire….? Hey…..answer me……. Hey!"

The jewel doesn’t respond even when she talks to it. Erin cried uncontrollably and while she was in grief, a sound comes into her ears.

"{….Zzzzzz Zzzzz Zzzzz....}"

"…..Huh? A snore? He’s sleeping……?" Erin blinked in surprise.

“Voltaire is exhausted because he used his powers in the dimensional gap. He’s sleeping.” Ophis informed as she arrived at the room. Erin was shocked and furrowed her brows

”Wait- So Voltaire is just sleeping?!"

Erin wiped her tears and spoke in mild annoyance. Nevertheless, she looked relieved and happy.

“Voltaire!………You....You idiot……..! Since when did you become a joker? You should have informed me that you are only sleeping! You made me worry so much!"

She touched the Gear on her neck and spoke softly

"But I’m relieved... Thank you for doing all of this for me. Rest now, my father..."

Erin can sense the other ORC members approaching. She looked at Ophis and made a small smile.

“Let’s go home Ophis. This time……with everyone.”

“I will return home to Blue Empress' house.”

Ophis made an adorable smiley face. Looking at this, Erin reached a conclusion.

"Yeah, she isn’t the boss of the terrorists after all...."

- End of Chapter -